Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C-4 problem. Go through the gears, have park, no reverse, nuetral is iffy, have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. The Trans is a Performance Automotive competition with Trans brake.
In first the transbrake does not activate. Removed the valve body, transbrake solenoid operates. Fluid is clean, no metal or burning smell. Could it be reverse seal or stuck check ball in valve body? Don't want to remove trans if I don't half to.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found the problem on my OWN, The foward clutch pack had welded together. Thats why neutral still tried to move the tires.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a similar problem with my C4.It works fine in all forward gears, no reverse.Did you have to take the tranny out to find and fix that clutchpack?I, like you, don't want to remove the tranny if I don't have to.

·
Premium Member
4,386 Posts
No reverse you either have a rear band or servo problem.A servo can be repaired in the car ,but if the band is crook the trans has to come out..Remove the v.b and air test and see what you got.It is not uncommon for the rear servo pistons to go hard with age.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts