Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
After 3 years of moderate use, 4 pulleys and clevis pins work out to the point of total failure.
Can you post some pix of the failure? would like to see them for my own education. That does suck that they don't support the product and the company that does has a 30 piece minimum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can you post some pix of the failure? would like to see them for my own education. That does suck that they don't support the product and the company that does has a 30 piece minimum.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior
Nickel Cylinder Auto part Metal Pipe

Gas Circle Metal Composite material Art

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just received an email from Bendpak, they apparently acquired Dannmar, to inform me that they are not going to support these lifts.
I did find that Amazon sells the round stock to make your own pins. Still have to go to SVI International for the pulleys though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
when I get the round stock I am going to drill through them to make provision to grease the pulleys. I will send pictures of them when I finish them.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Daze, I just tested 2 different computer browsers and neither have the pics.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Now I see the pix, not sure why they were not there before. I would think the pulleys could be machined and sleeved.
I agree with the re-sleeve idea. the pulleys that I ordered SVI cost around $60 apiece. I have to see if i can find a machine shop that can do it.
I posted that I ordered the rod stock from Amazon. I fabricated 2 pins so far, not pretty but better than the original because I drilled grease ports in them. I will send pictures of them if anyone is interested.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts