Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the stock ride height for a 1956 Ford Customline Victoria? Need to replace original rear leaf springs, but don't know if I want the stock spring or if I want to raise the car 1" or so. Need a starting point to measure from since the car is some what lower now than what the stock height would be. Thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I replaced the leaf springs in my 65 Merc Cyclone. I bought them from Eaton. While talking to the guy on the phone, he said they have the specs for every car and can duplicate the factory springs. They can also modify the springs based on your desired ride height. They can also move the pin position if you want to change how the wheel fills the wheel well. I chose to go factory all the way.

My new springs were far different than the 53 year springs I removed. The old springs were so worn out the rear sagged quite a bit, which made for a nice ride height but they also bottomed out when I hit the gas hard (one rear bumper was missing so it went metal to metal).

the new springs had a large arc. the ride height is now higher than it was before, a little too high for my tastes. I was told this would happen and that the springs would settle in 2 - 3 months. It's been 2 months now and they have not settled but I haven't driven the car too much. I'm thinking of adding some weight to the trunk to help them settle (temporary addition)

they will tailor your height anyway you want. I hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts