Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Side is determined from the way the driver sits. RH side is always considered the passenger side.

65' Stang

393 stroker, Toploader 4 spd, 3:50 rear.

Victor Jr. knockoff heads, 282S cam, Stealth intake, Bigs Stage 5 750DP, Accufab headers, Scattershield, Caltracs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dennis111 on 2/27/06 6:36am ]</font>

·
Registered
460 Posts
On 2006-02-26 15:35, dennis111 wrote:
Side is determined from the way the driver sits. RH side is always considered the passenger side.
A better way to determine it is if you sit in the car. Looking forward, left is left etc. Where i come from, the right hand side is where i do the wheel work, and the passenger is on the left.(just how it should be
)

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
On 2006-02-27 01:02, xdclevo wrote:
On 2006-02-26 15:35, dennis111 wrote:
A better way to determine it is if you sit in the car. Looking forward, left is left etc. Where i come from, the right hand side is where i do the wheel work, and the passenger is on the left.(just how it should be
)
Are the pedals the same? gas is still on the right correct? I dont' think I could get used to shifting with my left hand.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thats okay...i dont think i could get used to shifting with my right hand...

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
On 2006-02-27 01:02, xdclevo wrote:

)
I stand corrected.

I was being narrow minded and thinking of common LH drive cars and forgot about our friends in the "previously" Engish influenced countries. Cheers!

LH is to the left of the driver (when facing forward) and RH is to his right.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
On 2006-02-27 09:39, FEandGoingBroke wrote:
I shift with both...
Yes the pedals are "Right is throttle, middle is clutch, left is brake...." On ALL car's unless modified by a legless infidel!

Driving in England is cool!
Thats just wrong

That can't be FE... MIDDLE is clutch
naw MIddle is brake..
If the middle is the clutch how do you go from clutch to gas without killing the motor the minute you let the clutch out to put your foot on the gas??
Can't be done without crossing your legs

Tim

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
The cars I drove in England have the pedals the same as US/Canada It's the shifting that is weirdly different. You often downsift inadvertantly as you have a tendency to "palm" the shifter away from you which is a lower gear "over 'ome" Didn't take too long to get use to it though. Making right turns is very concious thing for a while! Stu

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
On 2006-02-27 10:07, pedal2themetal45 wrote:
On 2006-02-27 09:39, FEandGoingBroke wrote:
I shift with both...
Yes the pedals are "Right is throttle, middle is clutch, left is brake...." On ALL car's unless modified by a legless infidel!

Driving in England is cool!
Thats just wrong

That can't be FE... MIDDLE is clutch
naw MIddle is brake..
If the middle is the clutch how do you go from clutch to gas without killing the motor the minute you let the clutch out to put your foot on the gas??
Can't be done without crossing your legs

Tim
That's what I said isn't it?

I had a brain fart Tim...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts