Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
a few weeks back i bought a set of 5 lug steel wheels that were on a 67/68 Mustang...my intention was to put them on my '70 Falcon Futura. but, the center hole of the wheel wouldn't fit over the drum/disc brake...(i don't remember which)...my question for you all is, are the wheels different in that aspect between the Falcon and Mustang? any help would be appreciated...

·
Registered
684 Posts
a few weeks back i bought a set of 5 lug steel wheels that were on a 67/68 Mustang...my intention was to put them on my '70 Falcon Futura. but, the center hole of the wheel wouldn't fit over the drum/disc brake...(i don't remember which)...my question for you all is, are the wheels different in that aspect between the Falcon and Mustang? any help would be appreciated...
The problem is more then likely from the front disc brakes. What disc brakes are on the futura? I do know that the Granada style disc uses a larger hub. You can take your front rotors and wheels to a machine shop and have the hub on the rotors turned down to fit. I only charge $25.00 to turn both hubs on my lathe so it should not cost much to have done.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Not that I am aware of, thought the center eccentric size was the same for all ford car application...

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Not that I am aware of, thought the center eccentric size was the same for all ford car application...
turns out that it is the part of the rear axles that comes out of the drums at the rear that is the issue...the falcon will be going into the shop for awhile next week...the issue will be addressed then...thanks for all of the input...:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts