Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, hope your interested,

3 of my mates and i are coming over to the U.S in May, 2 of us, including myself, for the 1st time, We are flying into Dallas, Driving to Austin for the "Australian V8 Supercars" at Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Then driving up to Memphis, St louis, to Springfield IL, where i will meet the bloke i bought my Galaxie from, then he's taking me to Chicago to meet another previous owner of my car, then back to Springfield, Indianapolis for the 500, Then onto Charlotte and then up the East coast through "Nags Head" and into Delaware for the Nascars at Dover, Washington to the Smithsonian Institute and finally to Carlisle for 3 days, I'm scared of going to Carlisle there will be so much Great stuff there to buy

Regards, larry

·
Registered
249 Posts
Sounds like an amazing experience. I'd like to see some photos after the whole trip is done.

Did you get grand stand seats at Indy? The in-field never fills up so you can always buy tickets at the gate.

I'd love to stop by Austin in April to see MotoGP, but why bother going without Casey Stoner in the paddock :(

If you rent a car consider trying some of these coupon codes when you make your online reservation (although splitting a car four ways will be relatively inexpensive). They make my road trips significantly cheaper!

Also, we drive on the "correct" side of the road here ;)

Good luck.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sounds like a great time Larry! I will be at Crlisle with my Galaxie, so stop by and say hi if you get a chance!

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
The COTA in Austin is nice, made the first race. It's just ten minutes from my house.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
I must say I envy you guys that have your Gals on the road right now. Please take plenty of pics and share them. I will see you all in Carlisle ONE day! lol

·
Premium Member
5,912 Posts
Holy cow, you will be in Austin just as Utexas lets out. Put on your finest boots and camp out evenings on 6th street. Won't take Ozzies long to rope in four coeds, not long at all! Dorms close and those girls will be looking for someplace to hang so they don't have to git back to the ranch. Rent a big house and a big car!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks sifu-sitaigung and timlilje

arnoldtx We saw Formula 1's at COTA on cable TV, it looks great, Looking forward to seeing our V8s there, When your so close you should go and have a look at them, similar to your Nascars, except they go round both corners a lot more than Nascars do,

murdoc426, We already have seats booked on turn 2, Kerry the bloke i bought my Galaxie from in Springfield, is going for his 45 consecutive 500, He has already taken care of that for me, And yeah i'm aware you blokes drive on the "Correct" side of the road, Fortunately i've been getting a bit of practice driving my Galaxie which still has the steering wheel on the "Correct" side of the car LOL

puttster, Thanks for the tip about 6th street, Even "Down Here" we have been led to believe that Austin is the Music and BBQ Ribs capitol of the world and we're lookin forward to it,

66Fastback, How could i forget you, Your the bloke that said if i didn't tell the story of my 63.5 R code Fatback on the Forum, that it would then go to the next most deserving owner, which was YOU ( of course ) HaHaHa, i did think that was quite funny, It would be great to meet you at Carlisle, if you let me know how and where, i will make it my business to find you and say Hi, And don't tell me i'll spot you easy, coz you'll be the bloke wearing the FORD shirt, HaHaHa

We are really looking forward to our trip and i'm sure we will get plenty of photos suitable for posting here on the Forum

Thanks Again to you all for your posts and Regards, larry

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Hey Larry, You guys will be coming through my neck of the woods when you get near St. Louis. I am about 45 minutes south east from ST.Louis,Puttster knows where I live ! I am also going to Carlyle PA. and attending the FE Drag Race and Reunion at Beaver Springs Pa.
If you feel like it , give a holler and stop by my meat packing plant for a visit.

Red

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Hi Red

Thanks for that, I'm not sure EXACTLY what roads we're taking yet, But i'm fairly certain we are going through St Louis or certainly very close to it, If so, i will "give you a holler" If not maybe we can catch up at, Carlisle

" my neck of the woods" we use that term "Down Here" i didn't know you blokes used it too LOL

Thanks Again Red Regards, larry

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi everyone.
well it's only 3 days till we leave Australia for Austin TX, I'm also calling into Holman and Moody in Charlotte NC to pick up the "B" cam i ordered for my R code, for when i eventually do the freshen up on the engine, Then to the Smithsonian Institute and finishing at Carlisle for the swap meet, In all 3 1/2 weeks touring round the U.S. We'll be catching up with a few of the people from this forum, in Charlotte and Carlisle

larry

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Have a good trip Larry, and try to pop in now and then with a post or two.
You can also tell everyone how the V8 Supercar racing is downunder, when you are in Texas.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Dan,
If i can get my laptop working on that WIFI thingo i will try and post some stuff as we go, We're looking forward to having a great trip, which i'm sure we will have

larry

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks lagalaxie500, will do,

Sorry FE, i am not familiar with "Luke", who is he ? What is his Forum name ?

Thanks to both of you

larry

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We'll be flying out for Dallas tomorrow morning, from Melbourne (Australia, not Florida), looking forward to meeting some of you Blokes in Springfield IL, Charlotte NC and Carlisle at the swap meet

larry

·
Registered
576 Posts
Have a GREAT time guys...Sounds like the trip of a lifetime!!!!

Do ya'll have a route mapped out yet?? Or are ya just gonna pick a road and go? Depending on what road you take from Charlotte to Carlisle, I may be able to wave atcha as you go by.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Bikesandfires,
From Charlotte we are traveling up to Nags Head and then Virginia Beach an on to Dover for the Nascars there, then on to Washington and Carlisle

larry

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
V8 Supercars in Texas this weekend?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts