Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next week on the 16th I'm taking one of the Gals on a road trip from New Jersey to Florida to attend the mecum auction in Kissimmee, and I will also be going to the Tampa/St Pete area to see my cousin, he has a 64 Gal and to attend a few car shows, I've been going over the old Girl to make sure she's ready, I gave here a good tune up a new radiator,hoses, checked all the fluids, and tires I think she's ready,I should have about 3500 hundred miles by the time I get back, unless*%^#@!?... well she's over 40 years old,keep an eye out form me on the side of I 95 fellas...

·
Registered
336 Posts
If you break down near Richmond, give me a shout and I'd be glad to help.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are some really nice members on this site I've had a couple of private messages with offers to help me, If I have trouble on the road, I will keep posting my progress when I hit the road on Wednesday...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hit the road this morning around 9 am the weather was crap but the roads were good, I made it to S/C over 600 miles before calling it a day the old girl did a great job on the road lots of looks from people on the way, I posted a few pics...

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
I have a good friend in Spring Hill north of Tampa also but you're getting close to your destination then but one never knows! He has an upholstery business he recently got and a band on the side so stays busy, but available to help out if needed.

Have a great trip, sounds awesome!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a good friend in Spring Hill north of Tampa also but you're getting close to your destination then but one never knows! He has an upholstery business he recently got and a band on the side so stays busy, but available to help out if needed.

Have a great trip, sounds awesome!
Thanks so much I made it just fine...I got 15.7 MPG overall not to bad for a large car with a big engine,we went to a cruise in Friday night in Saint Petersburg and then today to the mecum auction in Kissimmee it was a blast...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
up date on the return trip,my master cylinder went out near rocky mount,NC :frown: it took a few days to get one, other than that the old gal was flawless, I also found out it has a broken rear coil spring, I'm going to order a set from rockauto, any body have exp changing them?...

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Glad your trip was relatively uneventful. Too bad it took so long to get a MC though. Sure seems extra long time. No help on the coil springs from me though. I take it you took the 72 since you're talking coils on the back?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm only about 45 minutes from Rocky Mount. Sorry to hear about your trouble.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glad your trip was relatively uneventful. Too bad it took so long to get a MC though. Sure seems extra long time. No help on the coil springs from me though. I take it you took the 72 since you're talking coils on the back?
Yup I took the 72... I stopped to get gas and the pedal went down to the floor, I topped off the brake fluid and drove it another 50 miles or so and stopped in Rocky mount,NC were the MC gave out for good, It was Saturday and non of the part stores had one in stock, it was going to be Tuesday before they could get one shipped...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts