Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the blue motorsport aluminum roller rockers on trick flow twisted wedge heads. the pushrods are the length they said to get in the instructions, but there is a noticeable clacking noise when the motor runs. i adjusted the rockers like they said to on the instruction, and repeated that procedure three times now, but theyre still noisy as hell. i realize they will be louder than stock pedestal mount roackers, but they dont sound right. can anyone one help me out on how i should adjust them? oh the cam is a hydraulic roller trick flow stage 1, and i reused the stock hydraulic roller lifters. thanks -joe

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
What method are you using to set the rockers?I like to set them with the engine running back off until it ticks then tighten until it stops ticking then a quarter to a half turn more.This method is difficult to use if you have a bunch of noisy ones all rapping at the same time.If they are all quiet and then start to get noisy maybe your studs are coming loose or your cam is wearing away
I don't think these rockers should be any noisier than stock

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Did you check for the correct length pushrods? Make sure all of the valvetrain geometry is correct?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts