Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

Rocker panel trim clips for 69 falcon

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  69 Futura 
#1 ·
I have been searching the web for the clips that hold the rocker panel trim but cant find them anywhere. The clips are nylon that snap into 5/16 square holes and have some sort of nylon push in pin to hold them in place. They are 3/4 wide by 1 3/8 long. Has anyone found these or used another type that works.

#5 ·
#4 ·
The word from all the suppliers I have contacted is that no one is reproducing the factory originals. Seems that I would have to find some nos or good used ones. I found some universals that might work but once I install them it will be a bitch to get the trim off if needed. The original ones attach to the rocker panel then the trim snaps on over them. The universals attach to the trim then snap into the holes in the panel. I was hoping that someone with a 3rd gen has been through this and found a better solution. Thanks for you reply.

#7 ·
Something that you might try is to look through their catalog for a similar clip that attaches properly to the car, trimming the molding side down to fit loosely, then making the final attachment using butyl glue. Commonly used to glue/ seal modern headlamp assemblies, it gets soft and pliable when hot and forms a permanent, pliable bond.

https://www.amazon.com/OCI-Headligh...rd_wg=XZSFU&psc=1&refRID=QK2NE378JNFSX02QE4EZ

You can then use a heat gun to take the molding back off.

#9 ·
I found some that will work. The Fastener Warehouse has some for 75 Lincoln Continental, p/n 75-4189. They are a little narrow, but what I did was tilt them at a slight angle and the trim snaps on real well. I had to apply a lot of force to get the trim back off. Heres how I attached them to the car. I got some of those nylon nuts that snap into a square hole, like for license plates, get the ones for 5/16 holes, then attached the clips to those with # 8 stainless screws. Hopefully this will help others with the same issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.