Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The instructions with my new 7/16 studs said 55 pounds if I used moly lube and 70 if I used 30 weight oil.

Well, I used the new gel form of red loctite including on the bottom of the bolt heads. When wet is is fairly slippery. Amazing stuff that gel loctite. I have been loctiting the studs ever since I had a stud rattle loose on me once. It was not due to not being torqued or the threads being loose that I am aware of. It just rattled loose.

I have to seal all the intakes anyway because the threads go through so loctite works great as a sealer for this.

I had to make an executive decision on the torque so I settled on 60 pounds. Anybody see a problem with this?

The heads look great. Once I prep the block surfaces I'm ready to put them on the engine. I still have to mark and port my intake, order the 7/16 roller rockers and then check my push rod lengths. I've been contemplating that pinning procedure but I think I can port them just index marking the intake.

Everything seems to be going in slowwww motiooonnn regarding getting this thing back together but I will get it. I've put too much into it to quit now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,786 Posts
I see no problem 'splitting the difference' on the torque. Think I would have done it the same way...

Its always that way with me also seems to take forever going back together, but it the "devils in the details" that eats up the time... Hang in there you'll be 'lighting the fire' before you know it......



MRO.....
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top