Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this isn't so much a "Fox Body" question as it is for a roller cam suggestion. Also, I posted a while back with the All Ford tech board but this time I'm trying (A) guys that know roller cams best and (B) l might not have worded things all that well. So here's what l want to know: The 94 - 97 F-250's came equipped with roller cammed 5.8. Cool, huh? However, they still had the E7's and with the OE cam, they mades 210 HP in by 3500rpm and 325 lbs/tq by 2100 rpm. My thinking is making it carbed (going in a 65 Falcon w/ an aftermarket Mustang II front end) and with GT40 (not "P") heads and a 5.0 HO cam. Not looking for massive HP here, just better than the factory rating and something solid from idle through 5K'ish rpm range. Oh, and probably attach it to and aod, "maybe" with a 2K stall. I'm hoping for 250-300 HP, and 350 + torque.

Does this combo sound do'able, or is there a better cam l should consider?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No probs! Not opposed to some 1.7 RR's or the next step up in a cam, be it Crane, FRPP, or whatever. Do want to stick with the GT40's though, because I'm trying to stay a little retro with tri-y's and 289 badging.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
That would be a decent combination. Depending just what you want, the stock H.O. cam is going to be fairly short winded too, but a cheap upgrade from the truck cam. The 1.7 rockers will help slightly. Itll be all done by 5500 for sure, but it sounds like youll be ok with that. I dont see why it wouldnt make 300 hp and 350 tq with those heads and cam. Some light porting in the right spots will help quite a bit too, especially on the exhaust side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts