Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question.Can you re-use roller lifters with a new cam? I have heard in the past that roller lifters are fairly durable and are sometimes re-used due to the added expense. Is this true, Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Yes. You can use used rollers on a new roller cam.
Keep in mind that roller lifters don't last forever. The roller bearings can wear out.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks clevelandstyle - Just trying to save some coin on the lifters. Maybe I will buy new ones.

What brand of roller lifters are good? Isky,comp ect? Thanks once again.

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Built my son's 347 up with Ford Racing Lifters. Not sure if we got a 'bad batch' or not but two of them collapsed and clacked terrible. Adjusting them down further only prolonged the agony. Pulled all of them and put in Comp Cams and nows she's quiet! Food for thought.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
You can reuse them. Inspect that the rollers spin smoothly. there are no chips in the edges of the rollers and the plungers aren't stuck. Unless I know the history of the lifters, I take them apart and clean everything with spray carb cleaner, then reassemble. Takes about an hour to do a set unless they're really gunked up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts