Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Can people advise me on preferred roller rockers for my 347 stroker build? I am using a Lunati "Voodoo" Cam (272/280) and AFR 185 heads.

I was looking at Scorpion but was a bit confused about size (1.5 1.6 etc etc). I always thought the sizes were the same!!

Need advice please

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
See what ratio the cam maker suggests for that can. It will most likely be 1.6.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
The 1.6:1 ratio is the stock ratio. The larger ratio's have become the rage in recent years, and it effectively increases the cam size @ the valve. Just up to you what you want to do/build... Either way I would use a brand name/quality rocker... 2C

(edited this post as seen below) ;) I aint skered to admit a wrong was stated, but thought it better to correct than to confuse....

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Harlan Sharp, Scorpion, Comp Cams...all top quality. And the stock rocker ratio is 1.6. Stay there unless otherwise advised by the cam manufacturer. You start changing rocker ratios be prepared to change push rod lengths too.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
It also depends which heads you have. My AFR 185's are designed only for the pedestal type rockers (#1492). I went with the Scorpions and they looked to be built really nice and have been flawless so far. I only turn it up to about 6,000 RPM so I'm probably no where near their design limits.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts