Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a cousin that keeps saying that i should replace the stock with some comp cam roller rockers. im not sure if its worth the hassle, what do you guys think? oh yeah, i have a 268 comp cam in my engine, is this good for a roller rocker aplication? the ones im looking at are these:, 7/16 in. stud, 1.72 ratio, Magnum roller tip rockers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mach1deamon on 4/11/02 9:58pm ]</font>

·
Registered
11 Posts
mach1deamon;
Roller rockers are more accurate in ratio compared to your stamped ones. The roller fulcrum and tip offer some relief from friction. These combined will provide small benefits to your motor. The roller tip will reduce wear on valve guides. You probably won't notice much of a difference in your timeslip at the drags though.
If you still have the stock type pedestal rockers in your 351c, Crane offers a nice conversion kit for adjustable valvetrain without machining. It is p/n 52655-16.
Rick

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I wouldn't get just the roller tip rocker. The roller fulcrum is were a lot of the friction is. I would get a full blown roller rocker. I use Harland-Sharps. They have been through a lot of abuse and are still in great shape. The price is very reasonable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts