Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im am at a point of placing an order for a set of 7/16" stud mount roller rockers for my 306 build.

Problem is I want to ask people on here for their views on which ones are the quietest roller rockers.

We have one at work its a 351w that the owner doesn't know what the displacement is but it is a stroker, he don't know what roller rockers are in it but the thing makes a ton of noise and sounds like the valve train isn't adjusted right. I kind of want to avoid that kind of noise if possible.

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
Just make sure that the valve/rocker clearance is adjusted to what the cam manufacturer recommends for your cam.
Oh, and try to avoid those cheap nasty roller rockers, like Pro Comp. :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just make sure that the valve/rocker clearance is adjusted to what the cam manufacturer recommends for your cam.
Oh, and try to avoid those cheap nasty roller rockers, like Pro Comp. :)
lol Oh believe me I avoid procomp like the plague. I was looking at the Scorpion 1.6:1 roller rockers as I can get a set for $262 but I was also looking at the Crane Gold race roller rockers in same 1.6:1 ratio that is recommended by Crane for the TruckMaxx cam I am getting. But I kinda cant justify spending over $300 for a set of roller rockers when I can get a name brand like Scorpion for under $300.

Just worried about noise but I don't know if that customers stroker was even set up properly valve train wise like I am going to do.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scorpion makes a quality, reasonably priced roller rocker. And as was said, avoid the Chinese copycat stuff. Stay with a name brand.

Good Luck
So Scorpions don't have any kind of design issues that result in abnormal noise? I did lots of reading last night and its hit and miss some said Scorpions are quiet outside of a sewing machine clicking which I am fine with and my proform ford racing slant edge valve covers with how thick of an aluminum they are might muffle the clicking more. But then I saw some state they like the comp and crane roller rockers as making loud ticking noises that could be mistaken for out of adjustment valve train or an exhaust leak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts