Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greenville is about 20 minutes west of Louisville, Ky. It is along US 150. It is a little town. We have a Post Office, one grocery store and one SaveaStep gas station. Not a whole lot else.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm only about an hour and a half from Lousiville. I'm just north of I-64 on Hwy41. Your not too far from me. Did you know there is a swap meet at Lousiville in a couple of weeks?

Our local track will be opening soon too. They had closed it last year early. Due to lack of attendance. Probably because the racers were tired of the tree going down and being down for 2 hours at a time. Luckily new owners took it over and redid the track put up new lights, pa, and christmas tree. It needed it bad. Looking forward to this year.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A friend and I were in Evansville last weekend for the swap meet at the Center Convention Hall. There wasn't much there. They had a lot of nice cars, some old Mustangs as well as older Fords.

Which track do you frequent? The main track that my friends and I go to is US 60. US 60 is near Hardensburg Ky. Ohio Valley is the other one. It is just south of Louisville on the Dixie Hiway.

I have been watching the paper for the Kyana swap meet. It should be within the next two weeks. If you haven't been, you might want to come take a look. It is fairly large.

·
Registered
456 Posts
The local track I got to is at Chandler. Just east of Evansville a couple of miles. I've gone down to bowling green a couple times to watch.

The Kyana swap is the 9th and 10th from what my friend told me. I went last year. It was pretty good. Didn't have much to spend last year, otherwise it would have been real good. Plan on being there this year. How about you?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the good Lord is willing and the creeks don't rise I'll be there. This is pretty much an yearly thing I do. Sometimes I don't buy a thing but I do enjoy just looking.

I'll be looking for a pair of 15X8 Welds for the back of my 88 LX. I want to go with a larger tire this year. I have been running 26 inch tires and this year I want to run 28X10.5 ET Streets. I think I will need the extra heigth to run the quarter when we go to St. Louis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts