Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,
Just wanted to share a site I've been working on. If you like going to u-pull type wrecking yards, check out Row52.com - we're making it easy to search self-service automotive recycling yards. Right now we have about 60 yards across the US and Canada in our system, you can search their inventory of cars. We're working on getting photos of all the cars too. We'll be adding more yards too, so if you don't see a yard near you let me know and we'll try to work to get some yards added in your area.

Look forward to your thoughts...

Thanks

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Is that you Jon?

I'm happy as hell you guy's have got this idea going solid now! That's Fantastic!

FE

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
Nice. Much easier that calling each 'yard and hoping to get someone you can ask. I see the concept as a very good one. Constructive criticism/ideas:

• I would like to see a link on each listed VIN for decoding. I can't tell by the listing if it's a model version I could use (long-bed pickup or 4-door hatchback, etc.)
  • The privacy policy is a typical "We will use all your info for whatever we can get away with." If that's not the case (or even if it is), a brief summary at the beginning to state that would be appreciated, and would follow the guidelines grinding through Congress right now in response to consumer complaints. Multi-page PPs should not be required nor allowed. The growing attitude of consumers is - if you can't fit it in a couple paragraphs, you're trying to hide something I won't like. A short and clear PP encourages open participation. Just FYI.
  • A link to a phone or email with a name that can be used to get accurate info about the specific vehicle. Not just a generic 'yard number/email. More 'yards are assigning sections to employees that keep sharp track of their makes and models, and their current condition and parts available. If i need to ask for Fred or Sally - tell me that. That connection would be useful.
One company I work with has a section that develops phone apps for stuff like inventory and 'shopping' (term used loosely here). Let me know if you have interest in an inclusive umbrella custom app for this, which helps prevent anyone else from making their own (and possibly better) version to roll over yours.

Thanks for pushing a great idea forward. I hope it works-out well for everyone.
:tup:
David

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Hey guys and gals,
Just wanted to share a site I've been working on. If you like going to u-pull type wrecking yards, check out Row52.com - we're making it easy to search self-service automotive recycling yards. Right now we have about 60 yards across the US and Canada in our system, you can search their inventory of cars. We're working on getting photos of all the cars too. We'll be adding more yards too, so if you don't see a yard near you let me know and we'll try to work to get some yards added in your area.

Look forward to your thoughts...

Thanks
Just when I thought all the u-pull scrap yards were a thing of the past. My daughter lives just a few miles from the one in Ohio :). I only live about 30 miles away.
Thanks for the info!

·
Administrator
21,678 Posts
Cool and be great if pics were there too. Need a mirror one day for the mustang but it's pedestal type not sail and i have discovered they tell ya yep got one and you walk out in the yard and find yeah the right year, wrong mirror. :)

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
David (PSIG)

Thanks for the feedback.
The VIN decode is there, I think perhaps you missed it!

Thanks
Chirag

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
David (PSIG)

Thanks for the feedback.
The VIN decode is there, I think perhaps you missed it!

Thanks
Chirag
Ha! I de-tuned my browser securty settings and now the VIN is click-able. Nice!
:tup:
David

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Awesome idea- thats my biggest beef with pullapart, no photos...went looking for a couple specifics to find a stripped shell ready for recycling. good luck with it- great idea, hope it takes off well...wonder if the yards will recommend your link, or try to play catch-up? if its not costing them, they might direct a ton of traffic your way :)

Just when I thought all the u-pull scrap yards were a thing of the past. My daughter lives just a few miles from the one in Ohio :). I only live about 30 miles away.
Thanks for the info!
I think Ohio only has 2, and both are like 15 minutes from me- talk about luck :) I always loved junkyards since I was a kid, and still do... bad thing sometimes, i try to save everything old if its even repairs dont make sense costwise. yards that let you even walk thru became rare in the 80's, love pullaparts concept- only bad thing, some of the idiots that take parts destroy more than taking...the one in akron had a MINT marquis- I mean still smelled new inside, not a speck of dust in the interior or even footprints on the carpet (had to be a light flood/insurance scam, car was absolutely like new not a single scratch, you could eat off the engine or underside) I went back the next day hoping to score the cherry fenders off it, some fool CUT a 6" square out of the bottoms of the fenders. they were MINT! anyways... I took my stepdad to a yard in colorado a few yrs back when looking for galaxie parts, he still laughs about me driving 1500 miles on vacation just go go pull parts off a wrecked car :)
maybe I'll run into you at one sometime :)

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Awesome idea- thats my biggest beef with pullapart, no photos...went looking for a couple specifics to find a stripped shell ready for recycling. good luck with it- great idea, hope it takes off well...wonder if the yards will recommend your link, or try to play catch-up? if its not costing them, they might direct a ton of traffic your way :)

I think Ohio only has 2, and both are like 15 minutes from me- talk about luck :) I always loved junkyards since I was a kid, and still do... bad thing sometimes, i try to save everything old if its even repairs dont make sense costwise. yards that let you even walk thru became rare in the 80's, love pullaparts concept- only bad thing, some of the idiots that take parts destroy more than taking...the one in akron had a MINT marquis- I mean still smelled new inside, not a speck of dust in the interior or even footprints on the carpet (had to be a light flood/insurance scam, car was absolutely like new not a single scratch, you could eat off the engine or underside) I went back the next day hoping to score the cherry fenders off it, some fool CUT a 6" square out of the bottoms of the fenders. they were MINT! anyways... I took my stepdad to a yard in colorado a few yrs back when looking for galaxie parts, he still laughs about me driving 1500 miles on vacation just go go pull parts off a wrecked car :)
maybe I'll run into you at one sometime :)

You must not live too far from Columbus, I live In Lancaster and my daughter lives in Lockborn, a few miles from the one in Grove City. I have met a couple of guys off of the Big Block Ford Forum from Columbus.
Do you ever go to the Ford Super Swap in the Spring and the Fall? I belong to both the Mid-Ohio Ford and United Ford Owners Clubs and am at each one all weekend :).

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
closer to akron here- my bad, we have (2) 'pull-a-part' yards up here, not 'pick-a-part'...never checked out pickapart, but pull-a-part is neat- gravel/no weeds/med/etc, same part same price no matter what it is...a old v8 is priced same as a late model one, and its dirt cheap. we got coil springs for the sons mark, think they were 20-25 bucks, switches, like 2 bucks, etc...

been to the all ford meet twice, wife wasnt happy...too many goodies at that one to go home empty handed :)

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
just checked out row52 for some mustangs, cool how the little tab right of the VIN give the VIN breakdown- handy :)

you guys plan on adding pull-a-part yards too, or is it just for pick-a-part?
Where exactly is that yard you are talking about, might be worth a trip over someday. My nephew and I call it hanging out at the mall.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Need a big favor from the FM crowd...
can you "Like" the Row52 page on facebook please? I need 100 likes in order to use their metrics tool.
Thank you!
Row52 | Facebook

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Thanks, that's not too far to go. I may check that out come spring or maybe when the temperatures get up in the high eighties .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts