Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, in short, how many do I need? By looking myself today, I need 2 (1 7/8&quot
for the trunk, and 3 (3/4&quot
also for the trunk. Now, I have seen them available in all kinds of sizes from 3/4" to 1" to 1 1/4" and some don't offer more than 1.5". They also say you need typically 8 per vehicle and I have trouble seeing the other 3 needed, any tips or places I neglected to see? I'm thinking there is supposed to be one covering the seat belt holes or seat bolt holes maybe? Like some from the outside? It's been a while and even though the car is painted, it still isn't at my house so I can't readily go check.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Have you tried Dearborn Classics? They might be able to help you. I never replaced mine so I can't help you. Sorry. How's the build coming?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Go to: www.gregdonahue.com. He has an online catalog. He is a 63/64 Galaxie garu. To me it is the best place for parts, and advise.

He is prolly the best 63/63 Galaxie expert in this country.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rayell on 12/21/06 4:29am ]</font>

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will agree, Greg Donohue is THE guy, as well as his staff. I'm thinking I talk to him when ordering, but that guy is good too. I find it funny he lists odd sizes for plugs, but after all this x-mas joy is squared up we'll call either him or Dearborn or ??? The build you ask? Well, not active at the moment, got too much other crap right now to do (x-mas running around). After that it's TORA TORA TORA!!!!! I got a Lokar tranny dipstick today, kinda pumped about that. We actually layed out a plan for plumbing the fuel and brake lines as well as the tranny cooler lines so gotta make another shopping list. 2007 will come tools in hand. I'll post pics too as mentioned.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The odd sizes are correct. IIRC: There were a couple that were oval. Maybe 1 1/2" X 2 1/2". Greg's prices are a little high, but you can't go wrong with him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts