Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, it's time for me to start thinking about door and trunk seals and a carpet set for the Gal. Who have you used? I'd prefer a moulded carpet set if possible. On the rubber parts like door seals and trunk seal, who has the most "cost effective" set? I was looking at galaxieparts.com and their cost is WAY WAYmore than I can pay right now. The car is on the way to the body shop shortly and the trunk seal is necessary as the old one is totally gone but I may be forced to salvage what I can of the other pieces for now if it's gonna cost a fortune. On another note, has anyone ever seen a carpet set for a Galaxie trunk? And lastly, is there any source for panels for the insides of the trunk on the sides? Actually I'd just prefer some templates if possible so I can fab some up from MDF or birch. Thanks guys

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
I have purchased tons of Galaxie and Falcon parts from www.dearbornclassics.com

The moulded carpet sets are $159 from them and the trunk moulding can't be much?

I have never seen the trunk mats made of carpet before but they sell the original style vinyl mats.

They also sell the factory trunk boards at the same place.

Good parts,good service and decent prices.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd forgot about Dennis Carpenter, I used to buy stuff from them a few years ago when I was working on some other projects. I also found an Obsolete Ford catalog that I had ordered last year.. I forgot I had that one. The prices in there are good.
I'm just on a budget right now that I have to watch what I'm spending on this stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts