Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, Bought a 36 truck rat rod last week and wanted to know if there's a clear flat rust neutraliser I can spray on the inside surface of the cab? I'd like it to stay the rust color just want to slow down the process as much as possible. I know some neutralisers turn the rust black but I don't want that.

I'd post some pics but it's a chevy so I don't want to upset the true blue boys. :)

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Not sure of the exact result your looking for but would a little oil rubbed on work. I've had cars that had oil spilled on the rusty trunk floor and after wiping out the rust never seemed to get much worse. Little on the messy side but depends what your after.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Everyone has an answer or not. here's mine.

As seen on TV and I've read about this for years.

Just remove an loose rust... then
spray a clear coat over it. done, or maybe two coats...
as long as water and air do not get to the metal it should stay
like that.
Best

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
For small projects, NAPA and many paint suppliers can put any paint you want into rattle cans. Even cooler, they can do 2-part catalyzed paints using a little capsule in the bottom. Once the capsule is activated, the paint is catalyzed and you are under the time limit for use as normal for that paint. So for example, if you want to use a professional-grade catalyzed urethane clearcoat, it can be done with rattle cans. Just an option.

David

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, it doesn't sound like a problem at all to coat it. Not sure if I can get a decent looking clear coat applied with a rattle can but there's always the brush.

Just kidding ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts