Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a good clean mustang from my step dad.The car was hit in the back left not to hard but it bent the frame above the wheel well. Then i got a Mustang out of a junk yard and thought of putting everything on that one.so cleaned it up and found out the rear pasenger floor boards (were they put thier feet) are rusted through. Need help on how to fix. JB weld doesnt work.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'd say you should be able to put a new floor pieces reasonably and weld them in or have a body shop do it maybe a friend. How big are the holes any way?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the holes arent that big. most are the size of a tooth pick or a little bigger. But thier is so many it is ver unstable

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well if its unstable I would go with new sheetmetal just as insurance.But that me.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Try fiberglass and resin. The old timers on The Collector Car series used 'glass on floorboards on one of there cars, and it lasted along time. The key is prep. Clean all rust and tar off, lay down the resin, then cloth, then resin, then cloth, etc. about 4 times. Get underneath and clean the metal and then undercoat the **** out of it, and paint the 'glass area. Nobody will know, and you wont have to weld.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Get a pair of short rears floors,and have a local welder put them in if you can't do it yourself. This is a very easy and quick job for an experienced welder.

DONT EVER use fiberglass on the floorboards of any car. All of the sheetmetal in a 'stang is structural, and any breaks in that structure will allow the car to flex and twist. Only solution for rust is to remove it!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Scroll down the page and look at the POR 15 post if you havent already.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts