Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a nice 1966 "S" code FE Intake if anyone wants it. $125.00 plus shipping or possible trade. 574-551-4215 ask for Jim

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
FEandgoingbroke,
I didn't really think someone would buy the intake that didn't know what an S code intake was. This is an intake for someone trying to restore a car, not someone wanting to cobble up a piece of S___ to make it run. Jim
PS Didn't mean to be so blunt but that's like the intake manifold on my 63. It's an aluminum 406/427 4barrel intake made in 1963. I paid more for it than I would have paid for an Edelbrock RPM new. If I'd have wanted a Edelbrock RPM intake that produced more HP I would have bought one. Someone with a 66 Fairlane GT might like to have this intake.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
ORIGINAL 1967 - 68 FORD MUSTANG GT390 428 S CODE INTAKE MANIFOLD | eBay

There is one on ebay for 300 bucks, Jim has his for half price. I sold a 66 matching numbers car without the intake matching. The guy I bought the car from sent me the intake that came off the car for free. However if I needed one for that car I am sure I would of paid more than 150 to get it being I promised the new owner a S code intake, lucky I got the one that came off that motor.

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
You can be blunt as you like, I'm not offended, I was the one that spoke out. Just saying what I see weekly.
But I understand what you're talking about.

And R-code, that 68 Intake on E-bay is a bunch of crap and worth about $15 bucks cause of the nice paint. It's a 390 intake, not a 428 intake and if it weren't so heavy it would be nice to use as a boat anchor...

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
You can be blunt as you like, I'm not offended, I was the one that spoke out. Just saying what I see weekly.
But I understand what you're talking about.

And R-code, that 68 Intake on E-bay is a bunch of crap and worth about $15 bucks cause of the nice paint. It's a 390 intake, not a 428 intake and if it weren't so heavy it would be nice to use as a boat anchor...

I know what it is. I got a barn full of them and 428 intakes. A 68 would be a police interceptor for a 428. A 428 intake came out in latter part of 68 with the bigger vein runner.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
My s code 390 had a two bbl carb on it we had to take it off and put a edelbrock to allow the 4 bbl on it???

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 7 of 7 Posts