Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone orderd one, what do you think...and how much was shipping???

·
Registered
501 Posts
Great kits easy to work with. Shipping was really reasonable. I have used their roll bar and ladder bar kits. Love them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: econodrag on 3/8/06 11:06pm ]</font>

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I was thinking about using a pre made cage kit, but wasn't sure where to order one from. Pulley Engineering was great on the phone, and the 10pt cage I wanted was like 300$ or so, but the shipping was 300$ too! Do you have a link for S&W?

By the way, that Cougar is one of the nicest I've ever seen...how it sits is perfect, literally =). Most people try the big rim little tire thing, and it just doesn't work for the lines of those cars. I had a 67 S-code XR-7 GT, one of my favorite cars I've ever owned =).

Cris

·
Registered
314 Posts
I put an S&W 8 pt rollbar in my 69 back in about 1997. It fit well. I do remember that they just taped all the bars together and sent it by Fed Ex ground (truck freight). I *think* it was about $90 shipping from Pa to Alabama.

In 2000 I converted the rollbar to a full 14 pt cage and backhalved the car car with new frame rails, ladder bars, coil overs, etc. Bought all the parts from S&W.

David Cole

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dave C on 3/8/06 10:46pm ]</font>

·
Registered
501 Posts
On 2006-03-07 23:44, Is1BadFord wrote:
I was thinking about using a pre made cage kit, but wasn't sure where to order one from. Pulley Engineering was great on the phone, and the 10pt cage I wanted was like 300$ or so, but the shipping was 300$ too! Do you have a link for S&W?

By the way, that Cougar is one of the nicest I've ever seen...how it sits is perfect, literally =). Most people try the big rim little tire thing, and it just doesn't work for the lines of those cars. I had a 67 S-code XR-7 GT, one of my favorite cars I've ever owned =).

Cris
Thanks for the compliments. Call S&W you will like the way they treat you.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I just purchased one for my 84 GT, I'll post when I get it.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I got a 4 point for my car. Fit was great and shipping was not bad from PA to MD. Just make sure that you have them notch everything. Cost a little more, but it's worth not having to figure out where to notch and makes fitting much easier.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Shortly I will be installing a 14-point cage from S &W, it's currently piled up in my garage but from what I can tell it's a very will engineered, pre-bent cage.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Great!! I checked out their website, and shipping from there to here in AZ is about 130$. 249$ for the 10pt cage, 45$ for contoured back struts (lot of money to bend two pipes!!), and 45$ for the front engine down bars. Not a bad deal at all =). Cut about 200$ off the price from Pulley, and I get the cage I want.

Cris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts