Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all do they check for, what rules and such. If I get a chance I want to make a few runs at sac, but dont want to drive 2 hours and not pass tech. Any major things they will really hit your for?

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
They are not picky. MAke sure your battery is held down, have an overflow tank for the radiator, and no serious leaks. If everything looks like it is in good working order and not half-assed jury rigged you will fine. If you think you will be in the 13's be sure to bring a helmet. If you are not sure and don't have a helmet then tell the inspector the car runs 14's! If you do run a 13 you will probably get a warning on T&T days. The only toss people that get stupid on the track. NO hubcaps. Umm anything else, guys?

JL

Go here fro more detailed info.
www.sacramentoraceway.com

Technical Editor

Fordmuscle.com

'65 Mustang GT, 289 (Warp 65)

'92 Mustang, 5.0 T5Z (Green Machine II)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FasterDamnit! on 1/11/02 11:19am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
My local track looks for double throttle return springs,overflow tank, and you have to have an air cleaner if you are not running a hood. They also frown on the rag for a gas cap thing
, but I'm sure you have that taken care of.
Chris

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Be sure to have a radiator overflow catch can. Most tracks are very strict on that rule.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Seatbelts, must be properly bolted in the car, Have to have sufficent tread on the tires. Stay away from the little clear GLASS filters also.

·
Registered
146 Posts
If your car is an auto and you have an aftermarket shifter, they might check to see if it works right(ie cant start the car in drive). I remember the fist time I took my car to the track (sears point) the tech guy didnt even look under my hood, just looked down the side of the car and asked me what class I wanted to be in, kinda wierd.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its good to know there isn't too many regulations. I have a radiator overflow can allready, need to tie down my battery though, its just sittin there now. Don't have an auto so it shouldn't be much of a problem. My rear main leaks a bit, not a whole lot but there always seems to be drips on my driveway, its not noticeable unless you like get down under the car and look, think that will be a problem?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Don't forget your shoe polish for your dial in!!You'll have SOO much fun running,if no problems exist,you'll find yourself in eliminations!!!GOODLUCK!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts