Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a nice spring night Tuesday so I thought I'd take my 67 out for a bath and for a little cruising. Got to town and pulled into the turn lane for the car wash. Was slowing down started to make the turn in, and the guy in the entrance started to dart out. I got stoped half way out of the turn lane but was hit from a speeding van in the oncoming lane. Hit me dead in the center on the grill. Shoved the radiator into the fan, buckled the hood up, and buckled the fenders bad too. I was wanting to paint it, but not like this. And to top it off, I get a failure to yield ticked! At least I wasn't hurt any; other than my pride.
Insurance is coming Monday to get an estimate.
I want to post some pictures, but I don't have a way, so if someone would be willing to do it for me I could email them to you.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Sorry about your car, but you are alright, it could have been worse. I worry about something like that every time I get in my car, I have avoided many crashes, sometime by luck, sometimes by anticipating the actions of other drivers.

4-7-02 I was going to my buddys house after the swap meet to pick up some stuff, on the way there is a 4 way stop, I get there look right, look left and here comes this car, so I decided to wait untill I could tell if he was going to slow down, sure as **** he blew the stop sign like it was not even there, If I would have pulled out he would have hit me broad side in the drivers door, that would have hurt.

Again I feel your pain, I lost a buetifull 85GT to a girl who turned left out of a parking lot in front of me, I was going 35, you dont realize how fast 35 mph is untill you come to an instant stop.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
On 2002-04-19 19:47, RonMeyer wrote:

I want to post some pictures, but I don't have a way, so if someone would be willing to do it for me I could email them to you.
Send some over and I'll post them for you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car,it's to bad that there isn't more carefull drivers out there .
Maybe all the car guys should move to one place and we wouldn't have to worry so much about the other guy! ( And GIRLS )

·
Registered
698 Posts
Ron, fight it. Hard to picture it, but sounds like you were making a left turn into private property when a car entered the road from that property, violating your right of way. This caused you to stop in an oncoming lane when a car in that lane hit you.

If this is correct, the car pulling from private propery caused the collision, even though he did not collide with you or the car that hit you.

If this is not correct, advise.

·
Registered
389 Posts
OMG...sorry to hear about your car, but thank god you are alright!!! I was almost hit on Thursday in my car...Some idiot almost turned right into me as I was driving down the road, he would have t-boned me on my door, I was lookin' at his headlight, I swerved out of the way and luckily he saw me at the last second...don't know what he was looking at but it was like I wasn't even there...figure he must have been out of it on something. Had my Mom and youngest kid in the car too. Scared the hell out of all of us. Is your car fixable????? Keep us updated on whats happening ok?? And glad you are alright!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the support guys. Insurance is coming by monday to look at it. Even if they total it, I'll keep her. I've got everything but a radiator support to fix her back up. It doesn't look like it got into the frame.

I was hoping they would have allready been by to look at it. I would have allready been working on her. I've been real antsy to get started. Especially since it's in the 70's at day and 60's at night.

I've also got pictures getting posted soon.

79 F150 4x4 (Soon To Be FE Powered)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RonMeyer on 4/22/02 1:24am ]</font>

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I talked to the insurance adjuster today. He had just turned the estimate into the regional office, and was waiting for their decision on what to do. Right now the estimate was for $5900. So I guess it's up to the insurance to determine the value of the car verses cost of repair weather they will fix or total it. Whatever they do, I'm keeping her. I've got everything but a radiator support to fix it.

Also, thanks to 393Clevor for posting some pictures in a separate post for me. I'll keep you all posted on the outcome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts