Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone sandblasts small parts? I am considering picking up a small sandblaster from harbor freight, its about $30, and blasting small parts with walnut shells. By small parts I mean control arms, etc. Maybe my trunk? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Just curious if anyone sandblasts small parts? I am considering picking up a small sandblaster from harbor freight, its about $30, and blasting small parts with walnut shells. By small parts I mean control arms, etc. Maybe my trunk? Any thoughts?
A must have tool. It will work great on those little parts. Make sure you paint them ASAP After blasting. The last item, you have to have a big enough air compressor to run the blaster.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Easier if we know where you're at. I know 2 places that can do a whole car on a rotisserie or just a few small parts. Both also Powder Coat. I did my fenders, door, hood, trunk lid, the whole car. Along with every piece of metal I could take off of it. Then had them powder coated. Including the trans bellhousing.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That loo
Easier if we know where you're at. I know 2 places that can do a whole car on a rotisserie or just a few small parts. Both also Powder Coat. I did my fenders, door, hood, trunk lid, the whole car. Along with every piece of metal I could take off of it. Then had them powder coated. Including the trans bellhousing.
That looks nice! I think thats the way to go. Im in Charlotte NC. Theres got to be a place around here that does that. When im ready for paint thats what im going to do for sure. I wish I had a big enough garage now to do some small powder coating also.

·
Registered
562 Posts
That loo

That looks nice! I think thats the way to go. Im in Charlotte NC. Theres got to be a place around here that does that. When im ready for paint thats what im going to do for sure. I wish I had a big enough garage now to do some small powder coating also.
Near Reno, Nv.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Im over in Harrisburg near the speedway. I have blasting cabinets large (glass bead) and small (aluminum oxide) and also powder coat. Let me know if you would like to stop by and see my work and talk galaxies.

BC

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im over in Harrisburg near the speedway. I have blasting cabinets large (glass bead) and small (aluminum oxide) and also powder coat. Let me know if you would like to stop by and see my work and talk galaxies.

BC
That sounds great! I'll let you know soon. Thanks!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That loo

My name is Caleb by the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts