Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well was junk yard saturday and my kid found a 66 Hardtop sitting there waiting in the crusher pile....so he looks it over and gets me and i look and wth not bad at all. we go in and ask about it and they are off their rocker with the first price, so the kids start hammering on them and gets them down to 300 bucks... went and picked it up today. got a little decoding done on it..factory bucket seat 289 auto car. San Jose built. now the parts collecting begins! will post up some pics when i get a chance.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Well was junk yard saturday and my kid found a 66 Hardtop sitting there waiting in the crusher pile....so he looks it over and gets me and i look and wth not bad at all. we go in and ask about it and they are off their rocker with the first price, so the kids start hammering on them and gets them down to 300 bucks... went and picked it up today. got a little decoding done on it..factory bucket seat 289 auto car. San Jose built. now the parts collecting begins! will post up some pics when i get a chance.
You sir are cool dad!

Personally, I don't get the mentality of people who want to get $200 for a car in scrap but if anyone wants to buy it, its some cazy number. I'm glad you got it down to something reasonable. I'm on a rescue mission, there are a line of classics at a local junkyard that are going to be crushed this Saturday, one might be a '68 Mustang. I'm nto sure but I'm not chancing it. It has the doors, one fender, the rear window, and the marker lights under the bumper. Need any of that? What about the drivers seat? I already have the remote mirror and a window crank off of it listed here for sale.

Good luck!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We be needing both doors and front sheetmetal.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
At least you CAN buy whole cars from the scrap yards there, Not allowed in this state for whatever crazy reasons. Can buy them in 2 pieces tho...:mad:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I see you are in Texas...I thought Texas was a logical state?

Normally yes but when it comes to vehicles and trying to 'save' or 'build' cars the titling laws really suck......

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Well all those Texas car shows can't be for real, seems all the cars come from yards.

BTW Oldfart, is the old Hidy Ho sp? still down on Polk Street? That was the main cruising area back in the sixties when I was there.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, The kid found a guy that has the doors and front sheetmetal pretty reasonable...now he just needs to get the $$ together. All he has to do is finish his 81 Cobra, finish the top chop on his 48 P-15 Plymouth then he can start on this. I figure at least 2 years down the road.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Well all those Texas car shows can't be for real, seems all the cars come from yards.

BTW Oldfart, is the old Hidy Ho sp? still down on Polk Street? That was the main cruising area back in the sixties when I was there.
Nope they are all long gone. Double Dip, Hidy Ho, Twings, the DQ, all torn down. The only true drive in left like those is Elmos, 3rd and mc masters..... :(

MRO......

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
That's sad, have some sweet memories of that town. Land of pretty girls and mean cowboys.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nope they are all long gone. Double Dip, Hidy Ho, Twings, the DQ, all torn down. The only true drive in left like those is Elmos, 3rd and mc masters..... :(

MRO......
Damn hijackers... get your own thread!:rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts