new parts that came in or are on the way:

nos stone deflector
3 spd manual speedo cable
driver's side air vent assembly

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I found a '64 2 dr wagon parts car at LKQ in Clearwater,FL.....roof, cowl, tailgate was toast ,but I was able to get a hold of the ps fender splash shield extension, door lock knobs, '64 grille....also made a good friend yesterday in Kurt who hooked me up with a '65 falcon underdash a/c, ds heater vent assembly, and heater plate.....will be going back this week to pick up the front split benches along with the rear seats (they need to be reupholstered but that is a given) and also the emergency brake assembly....my emergency brake assembly got cut so it will be a nice replacement

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Nice to see movement on this.
Why not snag a set of fox body mustang buckets or similar?
Benches are great for taking corners and ending up in the passenger side.
:D

Well, then again, if you got your woman by your side...;)
...She can tell you you missed the turn.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
This is going to be a stocker and a cruiser....since the '64 parts wagon has the seats still at the junkyard I am going to pick them up and bolt them in....I like the benches since they are split as well and would only need recovering....my dad put mustang buckets in the other '65 falcon wagon 2 dr which looked cool ,but it wasn't a direct bolt in (as a matter of fact he had to weld in a seat bracket)....No offense to mustang owners as I love mustangs as well but this is a ford falcon not a mustang....I guess in that way I am a purist!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Today I scored some more parts at the LKQ in Clearwater...ended up with a nice rear bench seat for $20, '64 futura rear decklid trim for $5, oddball inside trim pieces, and side upholstery panels which will be good as a template for the upholstery shop to do their work in the future....90 degree temp kicked my butt along with traffic so have to go back and get the front split bench seats, emergency brake assembly, rear quarters

·
Registered
387 Posts
The third pic looks like you had a wild night last night?

I like those Ranger wheels you have, I was thinking about either a 14" or 15" set for my '68 wagon.

Looks like it is slowly coming together, keep her up.

TJ

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
postal,

I have 5 of them and if you are interested give me a shout....have the stock 14" black rims....anyway paid another visit to LKQ today and picked up the lower tailgate piece, headlight buckets, cut out ps rear quarter, emergency brake assembly....also made a good friend today in someone off of tffn.net site by the name of Bad Mike who was also parting out parts off of the wagon

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
here is what the 3 spd manual tranny will go into: '65 289 small block....I will have to soak down the pistons real good as they are frozen....figure using atf and diesel for a couple of days should do the trick

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I have turned my attention to the 289 block....Today took out all of the pistons along with the crankshaft and main bearings....couldn't get the cam out but did turn the block back over to let the lifters extend out...my plan with the 289 is to give it a nice lobe with a new cam and better pistons...I plan on keeping the crank as it is in great shape for a motor that sat for 20 yrs...of course the real test will be when I get it hot tanked to see if there are any cracks...here are some pics of the engine before disassembling it

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Today took out the freeze blocks from the 289 so she is a bare naked lady now.....the 289 will go to be scrubbed down and hot tanked (0.30 over)...I plan on keeping the crank.....cam, lifters, and pistons are toast....started turning my attention to the steering box....wanting to take out the steering column and box in preparation of welding in a replacement firewall section

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
turning my attention back to the donor pieces of metal....started cutting, measuring the new firewall piece to replace where the prior owners butchered it putting in a power brake booster....dewalt grinder took care of the job real quick and not I just need to remove the steering box, cut out the bad section, and weld in the new donor piece....will look factory again

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Today I got some awesome news...for those of you who have been reading my threads I have been searching for a rust free roof for months since I first got this car...I worked lead after lead and got a little closer only to fall back two steps....Finally I have a solution! I contacted Todd over at thefalconfarm.com (NC) who told me he had a 4 dr '65 falcon wagon that he is parting out....come to find out the roof is rust free even in the back corners where they typically rust out....we worked out a deal and next week I am NC bound to pick her up...pretty much he is going to keep the following: doors, ps components, all glass including windshield, radiator core support, dash, seats, etc (tailgate is gone)...judging from the pics he sent me this car looks like it was garaged alot as the cowl is in super shape....We as wagon owners know the challenge of finding a rust free cowl and also roof...so now I have a replacement roof for my 2 dr....had my doubts but persistence pays off!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Got in last night from NC with the new parts wagon in the driveway...the roof is totally rust free as well as the cowl....Todd over at the falcon farm definetly hooked me up....I plan on cutting off the new roof at the bottom of the posts along with cutting off the metal that I need...the rest will go to the scrapyard sadly! The 4 dr is different structurally because of the 2nd set of doors and the posts didn't line up for a direct swap....but then again it is so hard to find a replacement rust free roof that I jumped at this one

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I made a "droptop" out of the parts wagon today.....that would be really cool driving it around the neighborhood....hahahaha! Anyway I used my trusty dewalt sawzill and cut off the posts at the bottom especially to be careful on the A & D pillars...had it off in about an hr and had my buddy, Chris help me hoist it up and put it on top of the '65 in the garage....I live in a HOA (home owner's association) ,and they are a pain in the ass when it comes to working on your car in the driveway

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Well there is only the backhalf of the parts wagon left as the other two pieces went to the scrapyard today...made myself $23.40...yipppeee! The rear quarters I intended on keeping ,but they are too far gone to save...the steering wheel harness I am also keeping as the other one has a missing connector on it and is broken...nice find and direct swap! I also was able to save the metal section on the back where the bumper jack mounts...mine is pretty rusted and this again is a nice swap...I almost have all of the body pieces to start putting this baby back together

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Nice to see some movement man. I am so glad I don't have your sort of headaches...I've chopped up a car or three in my driveway at times. I have one blue hair I have to battle with at times, but I also respect, don't want to turn the yard into a junkyard...makes the area look like hell, ya know...but the BS of not being able to play in the driveway would SUCK.
If you see my thread...LOL...you can see the assorted shots in my driveway.

As far as the rear clip, even if the 1/4's or shot, save it for a MAN'S seat in the back yard, build a recliner or hell, just like Gone in 60 second's remake, a BBQ. Or, if you are up for it...a small tow behind trailer?
Seen a few wagons with trailers, that were once other cars...

Have fun doing that roof skin. Been there, broke that. Lots of time with a drill and spot weld cutters.
;)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I got some pretty cool news on the wagon situation.....as those who are following my thread know I have found one of the prior owners who had the car from 1973-1991 (last time it was titled)....anyway she shot over some pics of the car from 1981....told me the car had a luggage rack, 3 on the tree, 289 v8, factory undermount a/c, wire wheel rims, manual hand crank on the tailgate, vinyl interior, and standard side mirrors

Attachments

41 - 60 of 109 Posts