Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Mark has welded in the DS front floor pan and should have the PS pan done by the end of the day....the rear torque boxes will need to be rebuilt in the front side of the box only....a poor repair on the rear pans from someone in the past led to them rotting out......these old cars certainly show their scars from the past!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Here are some more updated pictures of the front/rear pans welded in....Today I picked up a '63 front split bench seat for the wagon (they're interchangeable) and also so Mark could measure where to place the holes for where the seat tracks will go in....When I got home I tore down the split bench seat (seat tracks slide back and forth nicely with no play)....lots of rats nests, mold, and old vinyl that smelled bad...When I have it reupholstered I will have the seat foam and vinyl pattern for the '65 to match it....I am going back to stock with it using the palomino vinyl pattern....Makes you wonder if people changed their underwear when they were sitting on this seat all of those years ago...hahahaha!

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
The wagon is back home again after resting at Mark's resto shop for a couple of months! He was able to finish the roof, cowl, front/rear floor pans, toe board, firewall piece, engine bay brace, radio metal piece...The front doors have some rust in the bottom corners which Mark is going to address..In the future I will take the tudor back to Mark to address the rot in the spare tire well/PS rear quarter,DS rear quarter, and the tailgate section...Trying to getting a hold of rust free rear quarters can be quite the challenge with this wagon since they don't repro them and there are limited parts wagons....I have decided to turn my full attention to getting my other '65 falcon tudor wagon back on the road

Attachments

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
This is a really nice project you have going here.

I am partial to this year as I had a 64, and 65, two door hard top...

Joe

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Joe,

+1 on the '64-'65 falcon bodystyle! This is also the last year for the falcon wagon 2 door...I spoke with someone who remembers them sitting on lots back in that time because they just weren't selling. This project has been put on hold as I am working on my other '65 tudor falcon wagon. That project is "extra special to me" as it was my dad's hot rod project. Sadly back in 1992 he passed at the age of 51 and never fully enjoyed it. I have been getting it re-restored to get her back on the road

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Recently, my wife has been asking about the possibility of building her a car, and she really likes the falcons, mainly the earlier rounded versions.
I told her the only way she is getting one is if it's a coupe or a wagon, I forgot about your 2 door.
I'd love to find a 2 door with a decent shell...seeing your progress reminds me alot of work, regardless of the year or model of Ford.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have there been any updates? I have found a 1964 Falcon 2-door wagon. I think it has less rust to start with but it does have problems, like roof rust. I have been collecting your photos for reference.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts