Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Expiration date on motor oils? Whudda thunk? Guess I SHOULDNT have used up that half a case (12 qts) of 1992ish Pennz that I had kickin around here. Any one else heard of this?

BTW I didnt know it, youngest son works at a conveniance/gas store and a customer brought in a quart of oil (setting in outside rack of a store thats been opened only 3 months) complaining that it was EXPIRED!!??? WTH???

Anyone else noticed or paid attention?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Perhaps it's to make sure that everything in the oil doesn't settle out and some unsuspecting person pours it in? That or that customer was giving an excuse to make a return. I don't think I've ever noticed an expiration date printed on any Mobil 1, Vavoline, Motorcraft, or Quaker State bottle I've picked up in the last year.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Motor oil is chemically bonded to it's ingredients, there is no settling nor expiration date. Schitt man, it's ALREADY Millions of years old :)

Well yeah it is, but what about Synthetics? Or are they still using a "base" of dino stuff to start with? If so they CAN NOT be TRUE, PURE synthetics.... Just like some CARBINE floating around here... ;) ;) :D:D

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
I think it has more to do with packaging laws. We got a pallet of work gloves after the hurricane that had expiration dates on the cases, and a batch of sunglasses that were out-of-date too. We couldn't distribute them through 'normal' relief channels because of that. Don't get me started, because a whole donated reefer rail car of ice was denied because the ice was bulk, and so it wasn't bagged and dated. Only a "Public Health Department approved facility" was allowed to re-bag for public consumption. No ice for the needy. ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME ?!?!

Never mind.
:frown:
David

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it has more to do with packaging laws. We got a pallet of work gloves after the hurricane that had expiration dates on the cases, and a batch of sunglasses that were out-of-date too. We couldn't distribute them through 'normal' relief channels because of that. Don't get me started, because a whole donated reefer rail car of ice was denied because the ice was bulk, and so it wasn't bagged and dated. Only a "Public Health Department approved facility" was allowed to re-bag for public consumption. No ice for the needy. ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME ?!?!

Never mind.
:frown:
David
HEARING CRAP LIKE THIS REALLY PISSES UP MY ROPE!!!!!

G'Damn gov't. their face needs removed in spite of their noses. The company that did that was doing it for the GOOD of the victims for crying out loud. Oh jeeze YOU are right,

Never Mind.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I remember showing Mrs. Puttster the "instructions" for a ladder I bought. A friggin ten page manual!
Good thing it wasn't electric - I'd be still reading it today!!

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
I remember showing Mrs. Puttster the "instructions" for a ladder I bought. A friggin ten page manual!
Good thing it wasn't electric - I'd be still reading it today!!
I had the same tought when seeing instruction for a ladder

do's and donts , more for legal reasons . 888 pound joe fell off or leans ladder on live wire , not his dumb A$$ fault because there were not instuctions

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Good catch but not his fault, danger of laying aluminum ladder across electric lines may have been in the instructions but not highlighted in bold font.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
They sent Power line repair people back home because they were not unionized workers. Some more B.S. Help is help.
If you're talking about Sandy, my nephew was one of the crew they sent from here. Got to work two hours out of a sixteen hour day. Said it was so disorganized that the whole crew was going to leave, but the money kept them there. Union really got things screwed up.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
HEARING CRAP LIKE THIS REALLY PISSES UP MY ROPE!!!!!

G'Damn gov't. their face needs removed in spite of their noses. The company that did that was doing it for the GOOD of the victims for crying out loud. Oh jeeze YOU are right,

Never Mind.
Three cheers for Home Land Security and the big fat ugly liberal bitch that runs it.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Motor oil is chemically bonded to it's ingredients, there is no settling nor expiration date. Schitt man, it's ALREADY Millions of years old :)
I don't think it's chemically bonded to its additives (unless they do some crazy things like polarizing hydro-carbons). I doubt ZDDP is millions of years old (even if there's only a trace nowadays).

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
Three cheers for Home Land Security and the big fat ugly liberal bitch that runs it.
how do you connect Home Land Security to a food safety department

unbaged ice is now a threat to national security

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
how do you connect Home Land Security to a food safety department

unbaged ice is now a threat to national security
FEMA, now under HLS. Like all other organizations that were created to help victims of national disasters.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now back to the political BS that's being blathered about....

LOL, well thats not really what the thread is about either, but have gotten USED to that from this group.... Usually a hard Left to never return to the right... Maybe should have worded OP differently like THIS

Oh well.... :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts