Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the small hose between the T-stat housing and water pump on a SBF a formed hose or do I just use heater hose? I have used heater hose in the past, but always questioned it with that 90 bend.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Auto Zone sells the formed pieces, but you may have to match them up.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
I bought one at the local NAPA but I had to cut it to fit. I could have used heater hose.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The formed hose is pretty cheap and is the way to go. Yep, you can use heater hose, but it will probably kink a little bit regardless of what you do.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
a kinked hose has no place on a windsor

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I don't know if they are still available but Motorcraft used to sell a hinged plastic hose 'bender' which would allow one to use straight hose and put a 90 degree bend in it without a kink. And they were reusable.

Murff

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Awhile back I had a problem with my 351w killing water pump gaskets. The gasket between the water pump and backing plate. Be fine during warm up, first time to 6500-7k and poof there goes waters spraying. Tried all kinds of sealants and bullshit finally took the partially kinked heater hose out and put the proper formed hose. No problems ever again........... Buy the formed hose, you have to cut them a bit for the perfect fit but then no restriction and hey.....easier to put on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts