Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
One quick question on the master install did you use your stock linkage or get new, I'm in the process with My66 now and how much adjustment on the perportioning valve was required
PS. The pictures are invaluable again thanks from the beginners
I used all the stock linkage, however I have been looking at getting an adjustable push-rod to get the pedal a little bit higher.

I currently have my prop valve all the way open since I'm still having a soft pedal. However I think I found a kink in one of my lines so that may change.

-Zig

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ziggy I went to look at your thread, as I have a Scarebird kit on order, and I cannot see any photos. There is only a notification to "Please update your account to allow third party hosting".

·
Premium Member
5,574 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Registered
824 Posts
Quick update on my fitment , I didn't use a proportioning valve I used a disc/drum master from a later galaxie. I cut my push rod and added a threaded section so it is adjustable and used that to set pedal height and feel .
At the mot (yearly roadworthinesstest) I had perfect brake balance front to rear and there was a1% difference between left and right front (legal limit is 25%) 20% rear . I can Stand my wagon on it's nose anytime I want and brakes don't fade at all going down hills at all.
The pedal feels like a modern car tbh

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ziggy,
Are you able to remove the cap from the reservoir with the MC and wiper motor in place? I'm about to change out my original single reservoir MC for and double. Previously I couldn't remove the cap without loosening the wiper motor first.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Ziggy,
Are you able to remove the cap from the reservoir with the MC and wiper motor in place? I'm about to change out my original single reservoir MC for and double. Previously I couldn't remove the cap without loosening the wiper motor first.
It's very close, but yes I can open it no problem.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts