Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Wow, that could have been very ugly. That guy definitely has some bragging rights.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Good thing he got it stoped. or it might have went flying.. All Tho I would have liked to have seen it launch off the ramp..

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
No way in the world that little V-8 with dual quads could make 1,200 HP... No friggin way... If it was, I wan't the build sheet!

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Saw this video a few years back and he was only making 600 HP then by next year he may be up to 1800 *rolls eyes* but I did hear it was because they had the straps next to the exhaust and well my stockish 390 will break dyno straps when the straps are to close to the exhaust

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I'll bet my little Falcon (probably don't need straps to begin with) would bust 'em too!

FE

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hell, I dunno the actual HP. The website where I found the vid is

www.superstang.com

The guy there claims to have been there, but who really knows...

If it were 200hp or 1200hp, I'd probably drop a load if it happened to me!!!!

·
Registered
596 Posts
crazy!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
ACTUALLY that little v-8 is something more along with lines of a 540 cube big block chevy with about a 500 horse shot of nitrous if i remember right and it actually makes somewhere in the 1100-1200 range. He has the dyno sheets to prove it. That happened at the car craft summer nats in MN about 2 years ago on a sat. We got there on Sunday and heard all about it. The guy is there every year. I don't know him personally but have seen the sheets and it really makes the huge amounts of power he claims!!!!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
On the juice I can see it happening... Not on the bottle and let's see ANYONE make 1,200 horsies....

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Ummmm, yeah... I've seen it.... Even touched it a few times.... Hell I even washed the damn thing and prepared the main caps... It's still not going to go 1,200 off the juice...

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I saw a 69 charger with a 572 Hemi and 8-71 or 10-71, over 1000 horse to the wheels. only 10psi of boost. Never saw the dyno sheet, but i belive him

1 - 13 of 13 Posts