Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a FoMoCo radio. Don't know if it's a Philco. I don't think so... Don't think it's a Motorola either. The only number I can find is:

2TBO 103 (something like a backward C) 50

Anyone have anything on this radio?. I has transistors, and it does turn on. As dialing up and down the dial picks up static, but no stations. The two transistors was changed sometime in its life. Don't know if PNP, or NPN, or what the numbers are.

It was covered with dust. I cleaned the board and looked for any foil that is lifting or broken foil. Found none. Checked all connections. Did find a burnt wire wound resistor. have no idea on the value of this resistor.

I did use the cleaner spray in the tuning fin caps, and the IF-AF coils. This produced no additional results, pro or con.

If anyone has a set of prints for this radio it would be appreciated... Any comments, thoughts, or suggestions?.

RadioFront.jpg

RadioTop.jpg

ReplacedTransistors.jpg

BurntWireWoundResistor.jpg

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
262 Posts
some of the solder points could be cracked, alowwing the power to flow, but not much else.
Look at all the solder poilts, and if there is a faint gray ring aound it, its cracked, just resolder.

Look at this cuircut board. the red arrows show cracked solder points.
This is a relay out of my 92 accord, wich is notorious for this issue. When the car was cold, it would start run fine, But once you get the inside of the car hot, the joints would open up, and the car would shut off.
Resoldered it, worked like new. 70$ part brand new.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
some of the solder points could be cracked, alowwing the power to flow, but not much else.
Look at all the solder poilts, and if there is a faint gray ring aound it, its cracked, just resolder.

Look at this cuircut board. the red arrows show cracked solder points.
This is a relay out of my 92 accord, wich is notorious for this issue. When the car was cold, it would start run fine, But once you get the inside of the car hot, the joints would open up, and the car would shut off.
Resoldered it, worked like new. 70$ part brand new.
The board is the older white color board. I looked for cold solders, cracked, and if the foil was lifted from the board. Used a pick to actually see in some joints. There is one wire wound resistor that is burnt and seperated. I also need to know the value to replace it.

There are two transistors that looks like they were replaced in it's life. The foil is gone and the leads were soldered to the foil ends. The leads were used as the foil so to speak.

First I need to replace the resistor but don't know the value, or even what operational area of the board it's on. if I had a print, I could at least find a substitute resistor then do a re solder of all joints weather they needed it or not.

Did find out it's a 2TBO radio. made by bendix...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts