Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

school me + poll

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  postal 
#1 ·
what body style do you like best?

hi all please can you all school me on the 64 body, i have done a little studying and looks like the 64 and 65 are the same...true or false on the basic body? now what about the 63..are there any other younger years that have the same body? they look slightly diferent.

thanks and have a great weekend!

and heck school me on more than that if you have the time! i have 2 66 fairlanes but have been lusting after getting a ranchero, sure it would be cool to get a 67 cause the body matches my 2 fairlanes but, i want something different! thanks again!

#2 ·
1960-1963 model year Rancheros are the same body style and for the 1964 model year Ford changed the body style of the Falcon and 1964-1965 are both the same body style. 1960 - 1966 Rancheros are based off of the same model year Falcons.
The 1967 Ranchero is based off of the Fairlane model but the only real difference between the 1966 and 1967 Ranchero are the stacked headlights on the 1967 model. You can easily make a 1966 Ranchero look like a 1967 model just by swapping out the frt clip for a '67 front clip. If you are wanting something a little different from the '67 body style but keeping close in body style the 1964-65 body would be the one unless you want to change the front clip of a '66

#5 ·
1960-1963 model year Rancheros are the same body style and for the 1964 model year Ford changed the body style of the Falcon and 1964-1965 are both the same body style. 1960 - 1966 Rancheros are based off of the same model year Falcons.

The 1960 through 1963 Rancheros are NOT the same. Had a friend buy a couple of full front end clips from a 1961 at the Beaumont swap meet as vendor said same thing. He found at home after getting out the tape measure without even unbolting anything, that the fenders were too long for his 1962 Ranchero. They certainly looked the same, but were not. I got them now as spares to my 1960.

Wm.

#4 ·
Hey Cowboy,

Check out wiki for the Rachero pages... excellent information by style & body changes from beginning of Ranchero run to end...

For your poll...

My Dad has just passed down his 69 Ranchero... looks like a GT, but without the GT badge and with bed rails... so I think it's the rare Rio Grande...
That gets my vote, but I really, really like the 72 GT... it's got a fantastic and unique grill.. kinda like a great white shark... a very stylish hood sweep, and the bed is a little taller with a some nice styling.
The front looks just like the Grand Torino in Clint Eastwood's new movie by the same name.

My favorite would be the 72 GT with the 428 cobra engine.

Post pictures of your fairlanes.

#9 ·
The '60 & '61 Falcons share the same front clip.

The '62 & '63 ditto

The '64 & '65 ditto

The '66 was the last "Official" Falcon Ranchero.

I have seen people put the front clip of a '67 Falcon car unto a '66 Ranchero just to get a "different" look.

I have also seen people put the front clip of a '64/'65 Comet onto a '64/'65 Falcon Ranchero and end with a "Comechero".

I saw pics of an early Ranchero. either the '62/'63 or the '64/'65 style with the front clip of a '64-'66 Mustang grafted onto it. It also had modified taillights, but I can't remember what they were. The person had done a very smooth job and I looked pretty good.

TJ in GB
FCA 2021

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.