Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing 3-point belts in my 66 Fairlane Club Coupe. I plan to place the shoulder belt mounting point at the junction of the B-pillar and the roofline. I need to weld in a threaded mounting point in a spot under the headliner. How hard is it to peel back the headliner and loosen up some of the bows without damaging anything?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
I did my car before the new head liner was installed. On the Falcon anyway.
My 64 Fairlane has it mounted below the window, drilled a hole through the removable steal trim panel. Maybe no the best solution or angle, but I felt it's better then no seatbelt.

Jet

·
Registered
3 Posts
Big Seat belt install problem in 66 Falcon (rear female belts)

I took out all seat belts etc for painting the floor of my 66 falcon. Then when i tried to reinstall the two outer female belts in the rear, the one attachment nut and washer fell through into the wheel well and the one on the other side is just spinning around.

how on earth can i fix this as i can't get to it from underneath the car (without great difficulty re sheet metal etc).

crazy stuff any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
I did my car before the new head liner was installed. On the Falcon anyway.
My 64 Fairlane has it mounted below the window, drilled a hole through the removable steal trim panel. Maybe no the best solution or angle, but I felt it's better then no seatbelt.

Jet
Wait, your upper seat belt is attached to a trim panel? Why not just pin it to your shirt???? You're kidding, right?

John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Reply to first bit...wow that is quite priceless a seat belt attached to TRIM!! I am not sure safety seat belt is the right term for this piece of nylon now...

second bit...I solved my seat belt problem as above...you have to get under the car, cut out a flap, re weld the nut to the plate, fold the flap back, re weld and re paint etc...

Just no other way to access these seat belt anchors on the outside in the rear if they fall through or spin.

About 1.75 hours per side I would say.

Just posting in case anyone else as this problem,

Pictures available if ever needed.

Cheers peter

·
Registered
676 Posts
Jet: what did you use for belts, shoulder mount, a kit or a set of belts for your car specifically?
I ask because I,m using a set belt only right now, want to add the shoulder belts but not sure where to start or what to use
Thanks for any info

1 - 8 of 8 Posts