Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i have just bought a pair of bucket seats to replace the bench seat in a 63 fastback galaxie. anyone have any suggestions on a supplier for new seat covers, and foam, i sent 2 emails to Dearborn Classics 4 days ago and they haven't sent me an answer, i'm sort of a bit reluctant to send someone money who can't find the time to send me an email.
Thanks for any help, larry

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Hi everyone, i have just bought a pair of bucket seats to replace the bench seat in a 63 fastback galaxie. anyone have any suggestions on a supplier for new seat covers, and foam, i sent 2 emails to Dearborn Classics 4 days ago and they haven't sent me an answer, i'm sort of a bit reluctant to send someone money who can't find the time to send me an email.
Thanks for any help, larry

I'd try Centrally located right here in the heart of Oklahoma (aka Obsolete Ford Parts) they're good to do business with and are responsive. the website leaves a lot to be desired (it's basically the mail order catalog sort of just stuck online) but it functions pretty well.

I'm not sure if they use the same supplier as Dearborn or not (they do on things like convertible tops, boots and so on) but they may.

If that falls through maybe autokrafters.com still carries Galaxie stuff.

dearborn selection is ok, but the prices... :(

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd try Centrally located right here in the heart of Oklahoma (aka Obsolete Ford Parts) they're good to do business with and are responsive. the website leaves a lot to be desired (it's basically the mail order catalog sort of just stuck online) but it functions pretty well.

I'm not sure if they use the same supplier as Dearborn or not (they do on things like convertible tops, boots and so on) but they may.

If that falls through maybe autokrafters.com still carries Galaxie stuff.

dearborn selection is ok, but the prices... :(
Thanks Flip, i will try both of them and see how i go
larry

·
Super Moderator
21,524 Posts
SMS I think only supplies the original type fabrics.
Largest Selection of Cloth, Vinyl & Leather Automobile Upholstery - SMS Auto Fabrics

Are you wanting to go original style or just looking for something better than what's in there?
If you aren't looking for the original pattern type you can go to the place below and they have some nice covers. There are a couple people in the Galaxie forum that have gotten their coves from them and no complaints and they look great.

Automotive Interiors - interior kits, carpet kits, seat covers

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SMS I think only supplies the original type fabrics.
Largest Selection of Cloth, Vinyl & Leather Automobile Upholstery - SMS Auto Fabrics

Are you wanting to go original style or just looking for something better than what's in there?
If you aren't looking for the original pattern type you can go to the place below and they have some nice covers. There are a couple people in the Galaxie forum that have gotten their coves from them and no complaints and they look great.

Automotive Interiors - interior kits, carpet kits, seat covers
Thanks ShotRod64, i was looking for original 63 XL covers, but i will look at both of the dealers you mentioned,
Thanks, larry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts