Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after taking last week off to modify my 89 Stang. We got it in the FINALS last nite,lower the ET from 8.98 to 8.45 from 2 weeks ago,amazing what a good set of shocks and upper and lower control arms will do
,anyhow she is launching better and sticking to the track now.1/8th mile track still mostly stock and having a GREAT time!!!!! 1500.00 money race at the track tomorrow wish me luck.....LOL still working out a few bugs but this Pony is running steady. made 5 passes last nite and the average R/T was .506 and an ALL Mustang semifinal.Those Cobras are hard to beat....LOL Took second by .145 and hit my dial in with an 8.456.back to work for another tenth.
JaxTheDJ
1989 Mustang LX 5.0

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Congrats!
Wish I could 'average' even 'in the 500 area' lights!

(gotta find someone younger/quicker/ to handle the reigns soon, I guess)

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Good luck Jax,with lights like that you are doing great.I'm going to Rialto tomorrow and will be lucky to make it thru the first round. Where do you race at? The last time I was in Jacksonville many years ago the closest track was Gainsville.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Jim,the track was Jax Raceways in North Jacksonville,I plan to run at Gainesville which is only 60 miles away as soon as I work the bugs out,glad to hear from someone who has been close by

Jax

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Drag79stang writes: Congrats!
"Wish I could 'average' even 'in the 500 area' lights!
(gotta find someone younger/quicker/ to handle the reigns soon, I guess)"

LOL Drag,I am 44 am loving it,I used to run in the Pro class many moons ago (1979),guess the memory reflex is still there or I'm just lucky....LOL
Jax

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I could go on and on and on about the fact that I"m still 'working the bugs out' on the launch of the car,.........part of that is true.........
I have (recently) turned a perfect light, (once), and everything from there all the way out too 700+. I have certain 'set' things that I do when I stage, but the sunlight/traction/engine temp, all play a part too............ (more excuses).......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts