Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
actully seen this one in the neigborhood of and on....
driving around yesterday seen it again,
with car cover comming of , but this time not such pretty sight...ouch..

looks like side swipe or a t-bone hit...

before when seeing it...
always thinking thats a very clean car.. all there..
and could be cherried out real easy...

but there might still be hope for it...

put a note for owner with my ph#..

windshield broken, rear d.s door missing , driver door mangled , dr.fender mashed ..post bent .
roof tweaked due to post being pushed in and rocker below post...

either owner removed some parts or somebody is helping them self..??

anyway looks like its been sitting there for awhile and city has already put notices on car ...and might impond it...

if owner calls me ..
dont know if its worth taking it off his hands or just try to get some parts of it...???

i think by pulling the post straight, it would take out most of kink in roof line and rocker can be pulled straight...
but would need.. fender,2 doors and a windshield...

Question ....would doors and windshield from a 4dr sedan fit...
or are they wagon specific only???

·
Administrator
21,678 Posts
How sad and it was such a perty car too. I feel lucky mine is the other side and not near as bad as that one! Tape some plasitic over the door and window and go! It'll be just fine! LOL

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
How sad and it was such a perty car too. I feel lucky mine is the other side and not near as bad as that one! Tape some plasitic over the door and window and go! It'll be just fine! LOL
Whatcha sayin ShotRod? that it'll buff out??;)

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Wouldnt swear to it but think they do swap.....

·
Registered
653 Posts
Sunlight Yellow, and black-and-yellow plates, too. Very sad to see that.

Repairable but it'll take some depth to the wallet. Surprised the owner would just leave it laying on the street. Maybe the current economy's hollowed out the aforementioned wallet a bit.

Rear door assemblies are different part #s in the book, not sure that means they don't fit but can't speak from experience.

Not a big fan of the Country Squires vis-a-vis the Country Sedans and I don't have any woodgrain trim on hand but, hey, wagon guys got to stick together. I'm 25 miles south. Let us know what you find out.

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im thinking that channel/frame around glass on rear might be diffrent..????

·
Registered
484 Posts
Ask them on an old junk yard, they should have the great cross reference register. (Call Osby skroten, they have one for sure)

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
This is no joke.

In 1962, I worked as a helper in a body shop/used car shop. At night, for the extra cash, I would shift from the body side and clean up cars for sale in the used car side.

Manager brings me a red 1955 Merc. Nice car (always loved Mercs), but it had body rot/holes in the lower quarters.

I swear, the guy had me cover the cancer holes with masking tape, and spray the tape red!

My godfather worked for a different used car lot as a mechanic. Most of his time was spent pulling out the dash instruments and rolling back the odometers.

And, you wonder how used car lots got such a bad rep?

·
Registered
645 Posts
I know that on a 62, the rear door seals are different between a four door and a wagon, but the front door seals are the same. I bet you are right about the rear window frames being different and the part below the window frames are probably the same. If that is the case, you should at least be able to use the lower portion of a rear door from a 4 door car.

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know that on a 62, the rear door seals are different between a four door and a wagon, but the front door seals are the same. I bet you are right about the rear window frames being different and the part below the window frames are probably the same. If that is the case, you should at least be able to use the lower portion of a rear door from a 4 door car.
drove by last night...car was all coverd back up again...
i did leave a note on it the other day ...but have not heard back from owner...
ideal would be if he still has the door.
but simply just have taken it off to work on???

then glass frame/channel could be removed from original door and transferd to donor door....

im gonna try and see if i can track this guy down today...

find out what his intentions is with this car....
either help the guy out.. if he's gonna keep it...( he's only 4 blocks from my house)
or take on another project...
i really dont have room for another car , but then again , hate to see it go..
or at least get some parts of it..??
it has a AC/unit in it..
knobs, shell , vents and chrome looked to be in really good condition...
dont know whats under hood???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just found this forum by searching for '64 Country Squires for sale on Google and found this thread - this is a very sad sight to see indeed!

Hope the owner doesn't give up on the car and puts it right again. Or at least contacts Raggaren and offers it to sell it. A car like this needs to stay on the road. :tup:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Just found this forum by searching for '64 Country Squires for sale on Google and found this thread - this is a very sad sight to see indeed!

I agree, and Welcome to the 'family'. Lots of help here if needed and hope you find the car that you are looking for...... (your original, OR not ;) )

·
Registered
6 Posts
(your original, OR not ;) )
Yep, my father's car (bought new in '64 in Chicago, Illinois) and my first car ... I repaired all the rust damage on the car during the late '70s (we live in the snow belt, lots of salt on the roads) and drove it during the late '70s - early '80s. Sadly sold it due to lack of space in '92.

It last sold in 2009 at a car auction in Toronto so I'm searching for it now! Still hope to find it!

And thanks to all for the welcome!

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah its sad and a shame seeing it sitting there...
i never got a hold the owner...
but car had been moved yesterday...so atleast it wont be towed or impounded for now....

called a friend that lives around corner from him....
said he knows who the guy is and gonna talk to him when see's him...

on another note also told me that this feller ,struck him as being a bit of a tweeker(druggie)??..who knows...
i'll be keeping my eye on it for a bit..let's see what happens..;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts