Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Your local trans rebuild shop should be able to get all the different thickness selective snap rings, selective #1 and #2 thrusts, and blue Raybestos/Red Alo clutches too. Local shops cost more but they usually have them in stock. I order 2-3 of each different thickness selective snap rings and #1/#2 selective thrust washers at the same time. Also, take your direct clutch piston to a machine shop and have .080"-.100" taken off on the lathe where the steel goes agains so you can add the extra .061" clutch and .060" steel. Shouldn't cost more than $20-$30 from an expensive place but it is a simple machining operation that anyone with a lathe can do. I'm checking into having custom billet pistons made which are stronger and much thinner than stock for 2 added clutches. It is an easy operation to make the piston from billet aluminum or titaniun.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I thought I read somewhere on here about plug welding 2 steels together for the pressure plate. If I did that it would give about .055" more also. Is this recomended? Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts