Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 66 straight 6 that I'm converting over to a 289. Well I have rf-c50p-7976-a lester 2 bellhousing that I found and everything lines up bolt wise. However the starter holes are off by about 3/4 of an inch on the seperator plate.

Anyone know where I can or how I can locate the right plate? Am I screwed and just need to start chopping?

Picture below

Attachments

·
Registered
717 Posts
Is that the 6 cyl plate?

If so, you need the V8 small block plate.

Don't cut the plate!
It properly locates the starter with respect to the ring gear.
Get the correct plate.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey guys I have a 66 straight 6 that I'm converting over to a 289. Well I have rf-c50p-7976-a lester 2 bellhousing that I found and everything lines up bolt wise. However the starter holes are off by about 3/4 of an inch on the seperator plate.

Anyone know where I can or how I can locate the right plate? Am I screwed and just need to start chopping?

Picture below
There should be a Ford number stamped on the plate, it won’t be an actual part number but can be converted to what it actually fit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
"..Well I have rf-c50p-7976-a lester 2 bellhousing that I found..."
what the heck is that?
Doesn't modern drivelines have a 'listing of different bells' chart on-line? Get the correct bell for the combo you will untimely use. Not doing so will complicate. Place the block plate U have (from the conversion) with the i6. Sell them together to fund the correct 289 bell (or whatever it is U will B swapping in). 200/3.3 and 250/4.2 i6 motors get 100 - 500$USA. One spot is ford6 in their '4Sale' forum...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I C no "Edit" function here but I can add this from an earlier post here:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts