Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, first post from long time reader.

I am hoping to put my 70 Mach 1s shaker assembly back on soon, the scoop itself is being repainted.

I have the scoop, a new seal, the silver frame on the seal, the black midplate and the lower air cleaner base. How does the silver frame that holds the seal attach to the midframe? I have the 3 receiving nuts in the midframe. Are they bolts or screws that go into these? Do I need special repo ones or can I get them at a hardware store?

What about for attaching the shaker scoop to the silver frame? I remember there is a screw that goes in the front. Can I get one of these anywhere? What about the back?

This seems like a dumb question I should be able to look up but any of the diagrams I can find online arent very clear on the hardware.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Does the below ILL help? I know it is small but do you see the missing hardware you need?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Slow day so after reading your dilemma I went out to the garage and took my shaker off to shoot some pics,hope they help you.

The first one shows it totally installed with 1/4" studs & nuts holding scoop.gasket/midplate to the air cleaner housing.

The next one shows the scoop upside down with the ears on the back of the scoop sticking thru the rubber gasket.

The next one shows the rubber gasket just slips over the bottom of the scoop and lines up the one center front hole.

Next is a shot of the adjustable washers in the three openings in the midplate where the scoop attaches to with fine threaded screws.

The last shot is of the three fine thread machine screws I bought at the local Ace Hardware store.The long one goes in front and the 2 short ones in back. Caution ... I install screws barely snug then slowly close hood to center scoop then raise hood and tighten them but not overly tight as to not break ears off at the back of scoop.

Oh forgot the shot with one of the ears at the back of scoop attachted to adjustable washer on midplate.

Hope this helps you out ... Jim

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts