Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hope some body can help me determine if I need to shave my intake on my 351c. I have it together and it acts like it has a typical vacuum leak, but I'm unable to find any. When I installed this it seems the front and back ends of the manifold appeared to be a little higher off the block. I have afd 2v heads with an air gap manifold. The holes line up to were they bolt to the heads, but they are not exact center, end up a little low in the intake bolt bore, any ideas or suggestions would be great thanks. The engine seems to shake a little more than it should also.

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
I hope some body can help me determine if I need to shave my intake on my 351c. I have it together and it acts like it has a typical vacuum leak, but I'm unable to find any. When I installed this it seems the front and back ends of the manifold appeared to be a little higher off the block. I have afd 2v heads with an air gap manifold. The holes line up to were they bolt to the heads, but they are not exact center, end up a little low in the intake bolt bore, any ideas or suggestions would be great thanks
what would you use....gel of foam plus your pick of a safety razor or those with muti blade ?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what would you use....gel of foam plus your pick of a safety razor or those with muti blade ?
I like a straight razor myself....but if you cracking my stones ...maybe I should have said "machine"....but DOH....I'm tupid....

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
had to do it .about the shaving .

think you have an intake fit problem ., can be the block or the heads . yes , it can be the intake

also can't blame a vacuum leak all the time for the way an engine runs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts