Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having a sheet metal intake made for my 9.2 deck 410 stroker, 4.0 stroke 14.14 compression, roller cam 775-757 lift
[email protected] 108 sep. 6.0 long rod CHI 3v heads with 2.19 intake 1.65 ex
360-240 flow @.8 lift , dual rons toilets 1435 crfm each
moroso vacume pump, low tension rings.

i was planning on running a single toilet with a chi intake 4150 base, the manifold builder is john beck.

he told me realisticly because of the straighter runners and manifold made custom for the motor combination I would see abunch extra hp and tq.

he figured max rpm to be 7000 and redline 7500/shift point
he has some type of software he uses to design the manifold.

whats the popular opinion on power difference?

Mike S

·
Registered
813 Posts
He is correct. The straighter the runner, the more power it will make because of reduced pumping losses and so forth.
A friend of mine has a 540 cu.in big block Chevy, we dyno tested it with a single 4 barrel carb that was highly tuned and 'sorted out', it made 866 HP at peak of 7000.
We switched it out for a cast tunnelram intake with two Dominators 1050's that were pretty well tuned, but still need a little extra fine tuning, but even before we began fine tuning, we made the first pull with the 2x4 setup and it responded with 992 horsepower at the same 7K peak!!
Further tuning got us into the 1018 range.
Your results may vary of course, but I was just surprised by how much of a gain we had with the 2x4 over the 1x4.
This is esspecially true on large displacement motors that need as much air as you can give them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts