Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 1976 Elite. I know, I know, it's not a Torino, but it is damn close! Anyhow, I would like to get rid of the cancer on my lower door skins and rear fenders. Anybody know of any place to get repro or clean used body metal for these full sized cars? The bone yards around here have basically zero Torino/Elite parts cars.
I'm glad to see this board get started. There's strength in numbers!!

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am still wondering..... I really want to get some door skins. Does anybody know of a place or have bought metal from a yard in the desert Southwest USA? I'm thinking that's what I want to do. Starting with a complete skin would be way easier and cleaner that scabbing up a bunch of patches. ANY help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
sorry Pale Rider, Ive been looking here for you but they arent any good. I'll keep checking though, but BC Canada is along way right. Good luck

Rick

·
Registered
24 Posts
74-76 Mercury Cougars use the same doors as the Elite. Maybe that'll help ya widen your search a little.
Mike

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I knew the guts were the same, but I didn't realize any of the sheet metal interterchanged. That is so un Ford-like!
Thanks for the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts