Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks...

I have a question for those of you who have done the Shelby drop. Most of what I read says to drop it one inch and move it to the rear 1/8" in an effort to correct the geometry of the front end. The problem for me is that the template in the link below shows the drivers side moving towards the rear 1/8" and the passenger side moving towards the front 1/8". Is that correct? Also, in the Boss 302 Chassis Modifications book the diagram and text does not mention moving towards the rear it only mentions lowering it....and judging by the diagram the holes move forward 1/8" in the process of lowering.

So my question is, if I decide to do this drop do I move the holes towards the front of the car 1/8" per the instructions in the Boss 302 Chassis Mods book? Do I move them towards the rear 1/8" per the advice of just about everyone who's done it? Or do I move the drivers side back 1/8" and the passengers side forward 1/8" per the diagram in the link provided? My gut tells me to go with the advice given in these forums...but I just don't know for sure.

Here's the link to the template. http://www.kkpony.com/shelbydrop46.pdf

Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
The lower view of the template showing the passenger side is wrong. It has an arrow indicating to move the holes 1/8 to the rear but shows them 1/8 towards the front. The new holes should be 1 inch lower and 1/8 inch towards the rear on both sides.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
That template makes sense to me what I would is get some like 3/16" plate and take those printed out and copy them on the plate all you have to do is remove the control arm and bolt the plate to the body with the top 2 bolt holes and drill your lowers from that. The Neg. wedge kit I installed was set up just like that really smooth and easy Good Luck

·
Premium Member
3,834 Posts
That is correct for the 65-66, but that template is wrong for 67-70, on the later ones you drop straight down. I use 1 inch and it works very well

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
On 2004-10-09 16:16, My427stang wrote:
That is correct for the 65-66, but that template is wrong for 67-70, on the later ones you drop straight down. I use 1 inch and it works very well
I concur with My427stang. The '65/'66 is the only one where you need to offset it. The '67 and up are straight down one inch. Stu

1 - 5 of 5 Posts