Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am in the process of replacing my shock towers on a 1969 convertable stang and I wanted to know if the shelby mod of lowering the A arm mount by 1 inch applies to this year/model. I have only found people with 65-68 that have done it.....is it the same for my year?

Also I intend to get new springs as the ones that are in the car are WAY to stiff. Don't know what they were taken out of but they are horribly stiff and make it ride like a tank. I am wanting to put stock springs back in and do the shelby mod if it applies. Any thoughs on changing springs and doing the shelby mod without making it ride like a tank. I am not racing it or anything but I would not mind improving the handeling without damaging the ride to much. That is why I though stock springs and the shelby mod might be the right thing to do.

THANKS!!!

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Yes it works on '69/'70 too. They are essentially the same as '67. They stopped after '67 as a cost cutting measure when Ford farmed out the mods to A.O. Smith. Stu

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Yup, while you are at it, you could do the full 1 5/8 drop that the negitive wedge kits let you do. The kits are only around 200 dollars.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have a question related to this, allthough it is about -66 ...

So here goes.

I have an idea, which ables me to get some room for my 351w; some more room for bigger headers.

I have shelby mod done with 1 7/8" drop. Could I use -67 A-arms and move the attachment point 1" outward, these A-Arms being 1" (?) shorter than -the ones in -66? I think I have seen this done somewhere?

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
On 2005-10-12 12:58, Mosse wrote:
I have a question related to this, allthough it is about -66 ...

So here goes.

I have an idea, which ables me to get some room for my 351w; some more room for bigger headers.

I have shelby mod done with 1 7/8" drop. Could I use -67 A-arms and move the attachment point 1" outward, these A-Arms being 1" (?) shorter than -the ones in -66? I think I have seen this done somewhere?

I've never seen what you've described done but you're chopping up your shock towers regardless as that is the UCA mounting points. Stu

1 - 5 of 5 Posts