Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has a stock C6 in it shifts out of first at about 4,000rpm can this but adjusted with the kickdown lever? I was also wondering what a B&M Transpak will do or the Shift Improver kit? will this just make it shift better or will it hold a gear longer to? I'm looking to upgrade the trans but I'm not sure what will work best.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Shift kit won't help that.
The modulator pressure and governor pressor affect the shift point.

Do you have an adjustable modulator?

Do you have your kickdown linkage in place?

Need to know these answers before giving more advice.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I know I don't have an adjustable modulator(what exactly is this?) I do have the kickdown linkage installed though. Is a shift kit still worth it even though it won't affect shift points?

·
Registered
502 Posts
if u pull the vac line off the modulator and look in side & see a small slotted screw, its an adjustable modulator. they cost about $15.
i always felt that the shift kits i installed raised the shift points slightly, but might have just been the new shift feel. what is nice is that a shift kit will usually let you hold the trans in a gear much higher if u shift it manually. i think shift kits are worth it for mild performance cars that see occasional strip time. trans-go does make a manual shift kit. dont kno how it is, tho. jmho

i do know that i put a shift kit in my truck when i rebuilt the trans in my truck and the 4000 shift point went up to about 4800 rpm.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: igo1090 on 9/19/06 8:25am ]</font>

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I looked today and the modulator is adjustable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts