Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the shifter hump, pedal assembly for a manual, or possible other parts. Really need to find the hump and something to use for the pedals first. I am rebuilding my late grandfathers and my first car a 1974 Gran Torino for my son. I'm in Pittsburgh, PA if anyone has any parts or ideas at this stage anything will help. Thanks!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you're still looking, I have a complete 4 spd setup out of a 72 gran torino, only thing is I'm currently in Afghanistan and won't be home till around thanksgiving. Let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Just so you know they did not make standard shift torinos after 73 the 74 firewall is a little different so it will not be a straight bolt in on the pedal Assembly it will work but you have to do some modifications.

shifter hump is same for automatics and sticks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you're still looking, I have a complete 4 spd setup out of a 72 gran torino, only thing is I'm currently in Afghanistan and won't be home till around thanksgiving. Let me know if you're interested.
I would most likely be intrested and time isn't much of an issue. PM me and we can work something out. Any idea what you would want for it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just so you know they did not make standard shift torinos after 73 the 74 firewall is a little different so it will not be a straight bolt in on the pedal Assembly it will work but you have to do some modifications.

shifter hump is same for automatics and sticks
I understand. Thanks. Most of this car is going to be a bit custom anyway. I love restorations and number matching cars but I love to drive them too much! Do you happen to know I the functional quarter window assembly from a 72-73 will fit?

·
Registered
70 Posts
i have most everything you need but the hump and trans.unless you want to install a richmond 5 speed with a long shifter on it.550 + shipping for pedal's and linkage's and bellhousing.900 on the 5 speed with shifter.
you can email me at [email protected] if you'd like pics
thanks john

·
Registered
56 Posts
if your still looking I have the hump and pedal assembly in a 72 GTS 4spd parts car I just picked up.it doesn't have the Z bar and linkage to the trans as the drivetrain was taken out prior to me buying.I have the bracket that bolts to the engine for the Z bar with the ball as it was in the trunk.
They had customized it with a hydraulic clutch master cylinder which is mounted to the firewall still and connected to the pedal but you would need a trans with hydraulic clutch to make all that work. if your interested PM me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts