Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having problems with the stick on my t-5 clearing the factory console of my '65 mustang. I was looking at the B&M ripper shifters, becasue a short throw would be nice, plus the new ones have the adjustment that lets you move the shifter back which would be perfect for me, plus with the shorter throws the stick wouldn't go as far forward.

Here's the problem: The new shifters I've seen with the forward/back adjustment all seem to have the one piece stick, instead of the factory style stub stick with the two threaded holes. If I used a shifter like this the handle would end up too far forward for me to reach, now I have a modified chrome shift lever attatched to the factory shifter that comes back far enough.

I have seen pictures of shifters with the adjustment slots and the stub shaft, but I don't know where to find one. So if anyone knows how I can get one, or has one they'd sell me I'd really appriciate it.

Any other ideas/options would be cool too ~John

·
Registered
359 Posts
B&M makes a pro ripper shifter that has a 2 piece stick but they are rather pricey, I have a B&M sport short throw for my T-5 and you can choose what position to both the plate in whitch should give you enough room if you set it all the way back

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually solved my own problem when I realizes I should probably call B&M and ask them about the situation. It turned out that they had a small stock of left over two piece sticks, and they sold me one for $20. That works out great, I'm sure I can dig up the shifter itself on ebay before winter ends and the car comes out of the garage.

~John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts